DIY?? Fill Guage using SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Any suggestions on how to use a spare SPG (with hose) to make a DIN tank fill guage?

Are you asking for a pressure checker? Or how to add a traditional SPG in line on a fill whip?

Are you asking for a pressure checker? Or how to add a traditional SPG in line on a fill whip?[/QUOTE

I have a SPG with hose and want to use it to check the pressure in a DIN tank, so I need the DIN adapter and a pressure release. (The SPG will be then be dedicated to the this pressure checker.)

Just take old dead or near-dead (or just unused) 1st stage. Close all ports with plugs. last HP potr attach to yours SPG hose. One LP plug stay without o-ring.
Bingo!
Attach to the tank. Check pressure. Wait a little, until pressure will drain over absent o-ring. Detach from the tank.

Having a proper pressure checker isn't critical, I used a regulator set for about 5 years. Now that I have one, it's almost luxuriously easy to check my tanks. I guess the value of it depends in part on how many tanks you own.

Mine is similar to that dgx pressure checker, although I'm pretty sure I paid more for it.

My DIY pressure checker is complete based on SB member input. Thanks!!

Not to complicated.... a LDS donated defunct 1st stage, a like new SPG and hose found on “Marketplace” and a fabricated LP pressure release valve. My DIY valve stated off being a hex head bolt and hex head nut..... add a little forge work, filing/grinding, epoxied assembly & paint... done. Works well!

Total Cost: $20. Labor: don’t ask
A39CB43D-E1B2-4CF1-A29E-610B80BC8B23.jpeg

Now all I need is a good/safe place to go diving.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom