Best video editing software for windows?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello. What do you consider powerful?
Most of graphics cards have 8 Gb's of Vram.
Cheers.

I was quoting the requirements stated by DaVinci. The question is what do they consider powerful.

The "best" graphics cards may have 8Gb but not even remotely "most". Most people don't even have separate graphics cards. Onboard graphics chips seldom have more than 1Gb if that. And there's a lot more to GPU "power" than VRAM. OP said nothing about being a gung-ho gamer with a crafted gaming system.

I was quoting the requirements stated by DaVinci. The question is what do they consider powerful.

The "best" graphics cards may have 8Gb but not even remotely "most". Most people don't even have separate graphics cards. Onboard graphics chips seldom have more than 1Gb if that. And there's a lot more to GPU "power" than VRAM. OP said nothing about being a gung-ho gamer with a crafted gaming system.
Hello. My mistake....I meant to write
" Most of the graphics cards I have."
I was just curious....Thanks.
Cheers.

You need to check out the free version of devinci resolve then.,.. just saying

Follow-up. I did check it out and the time it takes to render a video is absolutely abhorrent. Maybe it was because I was using it to reduce noise in poorly lit gopro shots, but it was at minimum 10x longer to export to a final product than Lightworks Pro and I have a screaming fast PC and state of the art graphics card.

Interesting side note: I've found most of these software packages, for whatever reason, use only the CPU to render your final product. Graphics cards are mostly useful in playback and editing. I'd have thought they would use the graphics card to speed up output of the final product as well.

With my new PC, I can now edit in full 4K resolution which is a tremendous time saver. Very smooth with a great graphics processor. No more creating proxies at 1/2 resolution which takes lots of time to produce.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom