Nov 2 through Nov 6 Staying in LBTS - Shore diving mostly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basking Ridge Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife has not shore dove in Florida other than BHB. So we are coming down and trying these dive sites. We are staying on the beach - Ocean Treasure Beachside and have access to as many tanks as we can use - I am hoping for 2 to 4 dives a day.

Shore diving Monday through Thursday.
Blue Heron Bridge -
Boynton Beach Ocean Park Reef - Parking and not very deep -
Deerfield Beach pier - Turtle Reef north of pier -
Pompano Beach pier - Suzannes Ledge -
SS Copenhagen wreck - LBTS - reefs run north and south
Dania Beach Pier - Erojacks
Perry Street Rockpile - Perry Street rocks are north and south

Boat dive on Friday
Lucky Fish Scuba LLC - Brentwood and 2 reefs

Figure dive BHB a few times in the morning and then hit the sites late morning or afternoon. Maybe a night dive or two as well.
I will have my truck so we can travel. Would you pick any other shore dive sites? I have access to two dpv's so if the current is not ripping we should be able to make most if not all of these sites. During the week I am thinking I should not have an issue parking.

Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks.

If you are staying in LBTS why not dive the reef by Anglin Pier? Quite a lot to see here.

Yep that is one stop or more - since it is outside the hotel and straight East - I figured that was when I could and I wanted to try a few more sites just to see what else was out there.

You definitely have a nice list. I would recommend the other beach portals in LBTS besides Datura, or even down towards Loggerhead Park, or Fort Lauderdale Beach in front of Sunrise.

You have a reasonable chance of being blown out by the seas. I would suggest you consider some plan B's that include some boat dives.

Actually I have a question related to being blown out. Are you talking rip currents or waves? If it is waves - wouldn't the boats be blown out too? The waves would not bother me but they would definitely bother my wife.
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom