Dry Gloves and Goodman Handle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess maybe I should clarify my post a bit. My "soft" handle is not like the strap on soft handles. I just removed the part of the hard goodman that fits against the palm of your hand and used bungee instead. The bungee stretches with different gloves and is still easily removed and replaced for when you don't want to flash your buddy in the eyes.

DW

If you go for a soft handle (aka a light sock), check this one out also.

Cave Adventurers - OxyCheq Raider Light Sock (Raider I & II) - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!

I like this style better than the style that Dive Rite and others sell. But, it is personal preference. DR does have the option for their QRM setup, so you can remove the light head from the glove quickly and easily. Personally, I just take the whole glove off my hand, so I don't feel the need for a QRM-style setup.

The OxyCheq looks interesting. Does the light holder adjust for different diameter lights?

Hard handle is much easier to use with dry glowes and thick glowes. I find soft hand hard to remove and put on underwater. Maybe if I had no under glowes soft would be ok

The OxyCheq looks interesting. Does the light holder adjust for different diameter lights?

It doesn’t adjust, per se. It’s stretchy, so it fits different lights within a certain size range.

This is version 2 of handle i made at work.
I slotted the sides so that it can adjust on the fly to whatever thickness of underglove I'm using that dive. Works like a charm, although there's still la couple tweaks I want to do.

PXL_20201018_000706906.jpg
PXL_20201018_000633838.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom