Can anyone help me identify this old US Divers/Luchard compressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I go 3000 with mine. It requires increasing the relief valve pressure setting.

Thank you, i figured it would easily do 3000 but wanted to check with others. The original filter unit is not being used as it was pitted inside from sitting with wet a/c inside so there is no pressure relief valve as of now. I might take the oil/water separator off my Cornelius and add that to the filter setup so it has a PRV and additional water oil removal. I my be over complicating things as I usually do.

Hi everyone, my friend bought a Luchard H6 serial # 2635 about 12 years ago. It was dropped off a my house to see if I could get it running. After cleaning every thing and changing oil it did run. Built a electrical control box with motor contact and hour meter. He put on 137 hours. Last week he gave it to me. Still running great. I'am wanting to sell the compressor. Does anyone know what its worth? I live in Ohio, USA. Thanks, Scubawaltz

I have had an operating Luchard H6 since 1968. They are tough as nails. That said parts are no longer available and haven't been for 40 years. This is a deal where you run it until it breaks then scrap it or sell it for parts so it needs to be priced accordingly. I would say $600 to $800 but I know the machine very well.
There are a few people on the board that have them, it might be a source of parts for someone.

Hi Captain, I've saw your post before about parts. This is a good running compressor. I built a belt guard for safety. When I first acquired the compressor I contacted a guy name Tom. He also has one since the late 60's-70's. I have some information on it. 12 years ago when we bought it from a guy said his dad bought it new and used it in a Alaska. Maybe not to many hours of run time. Thanks, Scubawaltz

I don't know if the Tom you spoke to is me but my name is Tom.

The Tom I spoke to on the phone lived in Louisiana. Found him on scubaboard. Still have the operation manual, detailed note and phone number. I'am sure its you. Thanks for all the great imformation, Scubawaltz Danny

PM me your email and I will send you the manual.
I need third stage new cylinder! It seems there are 3 in the universe

Attachments

• AEFD7A6F-90A4-4843-B7C0-40091E8D08B5.jpeg
    AEFD7A6F-90A4-4843-B7C0-40091E8D08B5.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 86
I need third stage new cylinder! It seems there are 3 in the universe

What happened to it.

I could sale you my compressor. I wouldn't know how to ship the compressor to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom