Best online dive log app?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dragondiver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Bran new diver starting to log dives but want to do it only so my dives follow me everywhere (I will lose the books too easily). Just curious if anybody could recommend a good dive log app. I’m using the Shearwater Perdix AI if it matters.

thanks

You could try Subsurface. It's an open source application that works on a variety of platforms. I don't think it has a web client, but it will be able to follow you around to pretty much any device. It has built-in integration with the Perdix, so it's easy to start using.

You could try Subsurface. It's an open source application that works on a variety of platforms. I don't think it has a web client, but it will be able to follow you around to pretty much any device. It has built-in integration with the Perdix, so it's easy to start using.

thanks I will try that out. Do you know if there is a mechanism for the dive buddy to sign off on the logs?

thanks I will try that out. Do you know if there is a mechanism for the dive buddy to sign off on the logs?
You can print log entries and have those signed. I cannot see how it could work electronically in any meaningful way.

I use DiveLog DT and Dive Log for iOS with my MacBook and iPhone/iPad (from moremobilesoftware.) Put several links below so you could see screenshots of the different apps. There is also a free desktop version, DiveLog Manager, that works with iOS, and although it looks the same, I don't think you can do as much with it. The first link doesn't show all of the features of the app but lets you click on info for all of the apps. The desktop app may also be compatible with Windows.

Developer's website: Dive Log Manager/DiveLogDT
App Store with info for DiveLog DT (desktop): ‎DiveLogDT
App Store with info for Dive Log (phone): ‎Dive Log

want to do it only so my dives follow me everywhere

I generally download data from my dive computer to my MacBook when I get home from a trip. DiveLog DT is compatible with Shearwater - not familiar with your specific dive computer, but for me, a download cable is necessary for the download - I know some dive computers download wirelessly. I add/change any info I want and then, through bluetooth, put it on my iPhone/iPad. You can also hand enter info on your iPhone and then, through bluetooth, have it on your desktop/laptop. You can also merge info from both devices.

My dive log being on all of my devices is one way it follows me everywhere. The other is that I can save my dive log to the cloud (obviously for me, iCloud) - as long as you keep an updated backup in the cloud, all of your dives can follow you anywhere.

Do you know if there is a mechanism for the dive buddy to sign off on the logs?

Dive Log on an iPhone/iPad allows for a signature for dive buddy/DM. More Mobile Software keeps the app updated and they are easy to contact if you have questions. Too many features to write about, but one of the latest features they added, that I like, is the addition of a photo library of marine life - I can add pictures that I took.

Have you tried Shearwater Cloud? I find it to be easy to use and gives me all the information I want. It syncs between my iPhone app and my MacBook easily. Nothing like sneaking a peak at some old dives when you're stuck at work.

Subsurface has cloud storage, so you have it anytime you have a data access.

Another +1 for Subsurface. You can log all of the information you want in the various sections such as buddy,, DM, suit, weighting (including how the weight was used such as belt, harness etc) location (including GPS if you have it), photos and videos. All of which comes in handy later when you want to remember which dives you did with a particular buddy or how much weight you needed with a specific suit.

Also with having cloud storage, it allows you two sync multiple devices such as desktop, tablet, PC, MAC. I use my phone to sync from the Perdix which then syncs with the cloud and I can add further details later (end of the day or end of the trip)

As for signing, apart from doing certain courses (which are dive number limited such as DM, instructor, solo etc), you will find that almost no-one needs or wants to see your log apart from you. Even with those they won't need them signed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom