Night Diving in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Several rules are for port security issues so anything after dark may apply. It is up to the local Port Captain to make decisions pertaining to the local area. The current Port Captain tends to follow to the federal regulations....and gets a lot of heat from that.
From what I have read in here the present Port Captain has on occasion closed the Cozumel port on the basis of very different conditions elsewhere.

I just heard from my Cozumel dive shop that night dives are now legally allowed again.

I did one in September. Best night dive, ever.

I've never seen the back end of a splendy before.

I just heard from my Cozumel dive shop that night dives are now legally allowed again.

Well - we have to get permission EACH time and we have to list all divers, etc etc. And after the boat collision last night, I am afraid they will shut down night dives again.

Well - we have to get permission EACH time and we have to list all divers, etc etc. And after the boat collision last night, I am afraid they will shut down night dives again.

The timing couldn't have been worse. Not to speculate on this accident, there's really nothing a dive boat captain can do to guarantee another boat doesn't run over it. Night or day. Life is a risk and accidents will happen.

Was everyone OK?

Diving within the Marine Park requires you to have a licensed guide with you. Technically that applies to shore dives as well as boat dives. If you stay within usual swimming distance of shore that's unlikely to cause problems. Don't try to swim out to the reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom