Scuba Club Vs Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Seeing as both have special packages going at the moment, I am considering doing a trip that stays at both: 5 nights at Scuba Club (with breakfast and lunch and 4x2 tank boat dive) for $711 and 7 nights at Blue Angel (all meals and 5x2 tank boat dives) $1052. Prices are single with tax included.
The other option is 2 weeks at Blue Angel.
I have stayed there previously and enjoyed it but am always interested in trying new places.
They are pretty much the same cost per night ($142 vs $150) considering you get dinner at Blue Angel.
How do the food, rooms and dive shop compare?
I have read that SCC keep a hard limit on dive times.
Are there are differences I should consider?
Thanks

Our evolutionary path based on the hotel, food, and diving was:

hotel Cozumel / dive paradise —> Blue Angel —> Scuba Club Cozumel

However, Blue Angel is the most flexible with respect to going to the more advanced dive sites like Punta sur / devils throat. Almost Impossible to do with dive paradise and difficult to do with SCC.

SCC did not enforce times whenever we used them. It is more of a gas consumption issue. We typically leave a string of diver Buddy pairs in the water, going up when they run low on gas. A couple of the divers could keep up with the dive guide and maxed out the x32 NDLs.

we prefer the free shore diving from SCC over the area at BA.

Shore diving at SCC is unlimited and quite pleasant. I usually do the two morning dives, an afternoon or twilight dive (or both) and I'm content at SCC. SCC boasts rock hard mattresses and no TV otherwise rooms and amenities are quite comfortable. What are you looking for at the dive shop?

Shore diving at SCC is unlimited and quite pleasant. I usually do the two morning dives, an afternoon or twilight dive (or both) and I'm content at SCC. SCC boasts rock hard mattresses and no TV otherwise rooms and amenities are quite comfortable. What are you looking for at the dive shop?
Not looking for anything in particular. Just nice, competent crew.
Has anyone been to SCC recently?
Are meals buffet?

Likewise the shore diving at Blue Angel is unlimited and pleasant. The stingray pen next to the hotel attracts eels, trumpet fish, and other stuff, and there are small coral heads and rubble piles to explore south of the pen. A word of caution, though: do not touch the fencing enclosure around the stingrays. The wire it's made of is coated with some sort of stinging organism.

The beds at BA are firm but not uncomfortably so, and the on site dive op is excellent as is the restaurant. There is cable TV in every room but I never turn it on.

You will find two camps of divers on this board, those who love BA and those who love SCC. I've never stayed at BA but started going to SCC in 1991 and have been back once or twice a year ever since. Click on the link below for many, many trip reports and pictures taken on shore dives and from the boat dives. We were there this past January, just before all of this La 'Rora pandemic started. IMHO, you will be happy with either place.

Having stayed at BA and liked it, I wanted to try SCC. The one thing that goes me pause is no dinner at SCC.
Sometimes I just like to junker down at a resort and not leave if I don't have to.

Having stayed at BA and liked it, I wanted to try SCC. The one thing that goes me pause is no dinner at SCC.
Sometimes I just like to junker down at a resort and not leave if I don't have to.
Then you may want to consider the Grand Occidental?

Then you may want to consider the Grand Occidental?

Is the GO open yet?

A good thing about SCC in light of that is that it is close to town and a short cab ride away from some great places to eat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom