A new kind of long stay visa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How much is the initial 2 wks of quarantine would cost?
What would happen if the infection pick up again?

2 wks of quarantine each in Thailand and after returning home!

How much is the initial 2 wks of quarantine would cost?

Depending on the hotel, it looks like anywhere between ~30k to ~200k baht. Note that these ASQ (Alternative State Quarantine) packages include pickup from airport, two weeks stay, all meals and several COVID tests.

wQpsGjZ.jpg

IDRcfn3.jpg

They've changed the quarantine. Now you need to do it in your home country. It's a bouncing ball with no actual hard rules attached as yet.

It may very well have changed yet again since I heard what I wrote here.

Quarantine in my own country! Cannot be serious!

Philipinos and some other high risked countries national are required to obtain a health clearance(-ve result) and quarantine at home before allowing to board the plane and come to HK. Some of them are tested +ve when they arrived at our airport!

Depending on the hotel, it looks like anywhere between ~30k to ~200k baht. Note that these ASQ (Alternative State Quarantine) packages include pickup from airport, two weeks stay, all meals and several COVID tests.

View attachment 614233
View attachment 614234
That's still not very cheap, especially for Thailand.

That's still not very cheap, especially for Thailand.
30 grands of Thai Baht is about a grand of US$.
Not too bad for full board of 15 days including tests etc.
Trouble is the 15 days in a hotel room with no one to talk to except medical staff and probably being treated with suspicious by others(hotel staff, air crew, immigration officers etc etc).

Cant' even enjoy a good Thai massage while kicking my heels to bruises!

Love to hear a report by those participated.

Thank you for posting it.
Not a chance that I will enjoy the experience! Probably fine to those who are returning home from aboard.

If I could go now, it might be worth it to me. After 15 days to be able to go all around Thailand and enjoy the sights/sites without so many around. Quiet islands, whatever was open.

I follow a YouTuber who lives in Thailand and he's done these wonderful bike tours all over Thailand. So peaceful but he still finds fun and interesting things/places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom