Spring Straps Too Tight (Deep 6 Eddys)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want to stick with spring straps, Halcyon sells straps in several lengths. I had to switch out the spring straps on Scubapro Jetfins to a longer length.

@Dominick Gheesling The Halycon spring straps are unlikely to fit, as our attachment system is different.

@Dominick Gheesling The Halycon spring straps are unlikely to fit, as our attachment system is different.

Hi @LandonL Getting back to the OP. Does Deep 6 have different length springs available?

Remove the screw and loop the ends of bungee with a zip tie. Install the screw into the loop and you're set.
_dsc1236-jpg-467795-jpg-532379-jpg.552832.jpg

dscf2972-jpg-397057-jpg-450505-jpg-455580-jpg-462242-jpg-504745-jpg-532378-jpg.552831.jpg

want to do my wife's atomic fins..her springs are to short . -- what size bungee cord ? where do i buy it?
thanks for help

want to do my wife's atomic fins..her springs are to short . -- what size bungee cord ? where do i buy it?
thanks for help
I don’t know what mounting system Atomic uses but most are very adaptable. Piranha is a good source, 3/16 or 1/4” are what I’ve used, Phil (maxbottomtime) uses the find it anywhere, including alongside the road type. It really doesn’t matter that much.

thanks just didn't want to get something that would break down in salt water didn't know if there was a marine bungee

Use hog rings to affix the bungee cord. You can close them with a set of pliers.

I had the same problem with the Deep 6 fins small white, the spring straps being much too short. I emailed Deep 6 to see if I could buy longer straps and was told they don't sell straps separately, so I used the spring straps from my Hollis F1 fins, which are longer and that solved the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom