Herd Immunity in Indonesia

Would you travel to Indonesia after they have accomplished herd immunity?

• Yes

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But car accident deaths are counted as Covid around here. If the deceased had a positive test within 60 days of death, it is a covid positive death.
I think this is as true as the earth is flat.

That sounds about right.

Are you arguing against using Typhoid Mary as an example? It's certainly a closer parallel than car accidents which aren't contagious.

I don't want to argue about covid. But another perspective to her story would be some of the older generation's stubbornness to accept science & facts

I think this is as true as the earth is flat.

He is correct. In some countries like Italy & Belgium, people that weren't even tested were counted as covid deaths. And it's on the record that Italy tallied anyone who died in a hospital where covid-19 patients were, as covid-19 deaths. Also, in reference to it's Covid-19 death toll:

Dr. Walter Ricciardi, the scientific adviser to Italy’s health minister, said last week.

“Only 12 percent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus,” he said in a press conference.

The only people that died or got sick, were the people who ate her food............................

Hand hygiene is more important now than with typhoid, which mainly required hand washing after toileting. And with so many asymptomatic people, what is the likelihood a few more Typhoid Mary characters that refuse to observe basic hygiene. Typhoid Mary's character flaw of lacking concern for others is actually quite common, ie no peanuts on the bar anymore.

The challenge is the modern obsession with hygiene is the abundance of stainless steel and plastic. The SARS-COV-2 has its shortest life on porous surfaces, and lives much longer on the easily cleaned surfaces now preferred for anything high contact. Handrails, bus/train seats, buttons, push panels on doors. Rub your nose, cough into your hand, everything you touch for quite some time will have live virus on it.

which mainly required hand washing after toileting.

And yes!

This whole period of handling covid-19, I have continually observed public toilets are much the same or even worse in terms of hygiene. You can have 100% compliance from society in covid-19 prevention measures, but the most simple overlooked things like not having covid-19 controls in toilets where the possibility of 100's of people could be infected because it is a toilet/bathroom. Bodily fluids, droplets in the air, taps being handled, no soap and no towels or driers,... It's an ideal place for covid-19 to infect others

In your opinion, is Singapore close to having some sort of "herd immunity"? There have been some studies over there in relation to T-cell immunity that have been given worldwide attention. People may still get infected but their pre-existing T-cell exposure to other coronaviruses stops the severity of covid-19 often producing no symptoms

Singapore will never get to that stage. We have very strict border controls, and testing in every part of the 40 square-mile country.

I don't want to argue about covid. But another perspective to her story would be some of the older generation's stubbornness to accept science & facts

Except in this discussion, it seems to be some younger folk having that problem. :wink:

Singapore will never get to that stage. We have very strict border controls, and testing in every part of the 40 square-mile country.

Yes, I thought so.

But if "herd immunity" measures pre-existing T-cell "immunity", it would be a different story as it's being proven that a great deal of covid infected don't even produce antibodies to covid. So it could be argued that a great deal of recovered aren't immuned to covid, based on not producing covid antibodies

As long as T-cell immunity is overlooked by governments across the world, the severe restrictions will continue, with "herd immunity" years away, if ever

Back
Top Bottom