Trip Video - Sipadan September 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice!

Like to see that barracuda tornado is still there and so many different kinds of frogfish.

Awesome. Thank you.

Nice!

Like to see that barracuda tornado is still there and so many different kinds of frogfish.
That’s my third Sipadan trip this year and I’ve seen the barracuda on each trip. So yes, they are still there. As for the frogfish, I think they are the same species (warty frogfish) in different colours.

You are most welcome

So pleased to see this. I have been thinking about you quite a bit.

Sharing my latest trip video.

Thank you. I have so many fond memories from that little island from trips back in the 1990’s and early 00’s. Haven’t been since it ”closed”. Always stayd with BD and had the drop off 20 m from the dive center. Only time I have had hammerheads on a shore dive... Turtleman, Eljer, Efrin and the guys there ... Michael Wong a regular back then.

Thank you. I have so many fond memories from that little island from trips back in the 1990’s and early 00’s. Haven’t been since it ”closed”. Always stayd with BD and had the drop off 20 m from the dive center. Only time I have had hammerheads on a shore dive... Turtleman, Eljer, Efrin and the guys there ... Michael Wong a regular back then.
Yes. Was great in the old days. Have great memories of my first trip there in the early 90s.

Nice footage, beautiful animals and a pleasant sound track. A nice reminder that despite the pandemic...people somewhere are diving. Liked the tuna...don't recall seeing one on any of my diving (never been to that area), and hope to someday.

Sipadan is one of those destinations I hear about every once in awhile, but nowhere near as often as Raja Ampat or Komodo. What led you to choose it over alternatives? What's distinctive about it? Inquiring minds want to know...

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom