Herd Immunity in Indonesia

Would you travel to Indonesia after they have accomplished herd immunity?

• Yes

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But why would you take a vaccine that is not really effective and cannot be tested in the right way? I don't want a vaccine like that. I am also not afraid of getting infected. For me, I know it will be without symptoms, or only mild like a simple cold. Then a vaccine is worser than the infection itself. I am not against vaccines, but for example, HPV is also a one that I would not take. I don't need an influenza vaccine, but took the one for hepatitus A, or tetanus. They are already so long on the market that you know what can happen. And a couple of years I took the DTP vaccine again and yes, I went ill. 2 days I was not fit. Ok, I could do diving, but I was tired, my arm hurted, but I knew it is was not a real illness, it was from the vaccine. If I get the same reaction from an corona or influenza vaccine, I will not take it. The reason is risk-risk. The risk of getting ill is for me almost zero. Once in 8 years or so I get a fever from influenza. That is better than every year 2 days ill. No symptoms or just a 2 days cold from corona what you also don't know how often you get it, but I think it will be in the 1 in 5 or 10 years range, is less problematic than 2 days ill because of a vaccine every year.

.....................snip...................

Any vaccine is going to be tested and effective, but they will all work in different ways and the efficacy will have limitations.

Your arm hurting, feeling ill, that indicates your body had a significant reaction to the vaccine. That indicates the DPT vaccine introduced a bacteria that your body was not prepared for, and it had a strong response. I would caution being confident that you would be asymptomatic, your immune system may be healthy but it might not be as prepared as you think. Catching the flu rarely does not mean you have a strong immunity to it, its a less infectious virus, but it is entirely your decision. Each year your immune response will vary, so not every year would be two days of feeling ill. For me this year was nothing, last year was going to bed early on the night I had the vaccine.

My boss lives in South Africa, his wife spent four weeks recovering from COVID-19. It is not a cold. Clearly many people are not seriously ill, but I personally know people that have been very ill.

Any vaccine is going to be tested and effective, but they will all work in different ways and the efficacy will have limitations.

Your arm hurting, feeling ill, that indicates your body had a significant reaction to the vaccine. That indicates the DPT vaccine introduced a bacteria that your body was not prepared for, and it had a strong response. I would caution being confident that you would be asymptomatic, your immune system may be healthy but it might not be as prepared as you think. Catching the flu rarely does not mean you have a strong immunity to it, its a less infectious virus, but it is entirely your decision. Each year your immune response will vary, so not every year would be two days of feeling ill. For me this year was nothing, last year was going to bed early on the night I had the vaccine.

My boss lives in South Africa, his wife spent four weeks recovering from COVID-19. It is not a cold. Clearly many people are not seriously ill, but I personally know people that have been very ill.

And so far, we don't really know for sure which one each of us may be.

3 nights of bad and insufficient sleep and there goes your resistance.

The thing with Typhoid Mary was that she never felt ill, so why all the fuss? Everybody else should have known to keep away from her, even though nobody knew who she was. /s

Mary Mallon - Wikipedia

The thing with Typhoid Mary was that she never felt ill, so why all the fuss? Everybody else should have known to keep away from her, even though nobody knew who she was. /s

Mary Mallon - Wikipedia

I seen the documentary on this case. Hygiene in food preparation was a very new concept at that time, & the NYC health department started enforcing regulations to stop disease outbreaks.

This was a hygiene issue, Mary admitted she never washed her hands, and she stubbornly refused to after she was continually warned & even punished, until she was locked up & the key thrown away

I seen the documentary on this case. Hygiene in food preparation was a very new concept at that time, & the NYC health department started enforcing regulations to stop disease outbreaks.

This was a hygiene issue, Mary admitted she never washed her hands, and she stubbornly refused to after she was continually warned & even punished, until she was locked up & the key thrown away

Masks are like airborne hygiene then?

Masks are like airborne hygiene then?

The only people that died or got sick, were the people who ate her food

If you Google how typhoid is spread it shows through contaminated food or drink.

This is from Wikipedia:

Typhoid is spread by eating or drinking food or water contaminated with the feces of an infected person.

Other efforts to prevent the disease include providing clean drinking water, good sanitation, and handwashing.

The only people that died or got sick, were the people who ate her food

If you Google how typhoid is spread it shows through contaminated food or drink.

This is from Wikipedia:

Typhoid is spread by eating or drinking food or water contaminated with the feces of an infected person.

Other efforts to prevent the disease include providing clean drinking water, good sanitation, and handwashing.

Are you arguing against using Typhoid Mary as an example? It's certainly a closer parallel than car accidents which aren't contagious.

But car accident deaths are counted as Covid around here. If the deceased had a positive test within 60 days of death, it is a covid positive death.

Germie, you in particular will want to watch this.

USA, wtf?

Back
Top Bottom