A little help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm an author of thriller novels and a diver, and I live in the desert southwest. I have a boat in Fort Lauderdale which I have not been able to get to since the covid outbreak. All my dive gear, my dive computer and all my PADI and other literature is on the boat. For a scene that I'm now writing, I need to know the decompression times and depths after a straight down dive from the surface to 150 feet with 16 minutes of bottom time. Can anybody help? I looked for an online dive computer but to my surprise, couldn't find one. If anyone knows of one, I'd appreciate that info as well.

Thanks,

--Couch

I don't know if this is the latest, but here is a copy of the US Navy air tables.

So a 150 foot schedule for 20 min you have a 20 foot stop for 2 min then a 10 foot stop for 7 min

Help your protagonist and drop one minute of bottom time so he only has a single 10 foot stop for 3 minutes.

USN air to 150 ft.PNG

Attachments

• Navy air and SUR D tables.pdf
    102.4 KB · Views: 136
If you want a table, let's go old skool (Haldane 1908 via Wikipedia)

Haldane%27s_Decompression_table-I_in_ft_and_psi.jpg

Depth Stop Run Mix pO2 EAD
Des 150 - 2 21 - -
Lvl 150 16 19 21 1.16 150
Asc 60 - 22 21 - -
Stp 60 1:00 23 21 0.59 60
Stp 50 1:00 24 21 0.53 50
Stp 40 2:00 26 21 0.46 40
Stp 30 4:00 30 21 0.40 30
Stp 20 31 61 21 0.34 20
Sfc - - 61 21 - -

Dive# 1, ZHLC + GF 40/80
Elevation = 0 ft
CNS = 9%
OTU's = 25
Gas 21 = 75 cuft.
Gas density = 6.6g/l
Decozone start = 102 ft

The above is from multideco.
You can download the free version and it will give you what you need.

I'm an author of thriller novels and a diver, and I live in the desert southwest. I have a boat in Fort Lauderdale which I have not been able to get to since the covid outbreak. All my dive gear, my dive computer and all my PADI and other literature is on the boat. For a scene that I'm now writing, I need to know the decompression times and depths after a straight down dive from the surface to 150 feet with 16 minutes of bottom time. Can anybody help? I looked for an online dive computer but to my surprise, couldn't find one. If anyone knows of one, I'd appreciate that info as well.
You should also be able to use Subsurface for this. It’s a free download and has a planning function in the computer version.

The actual times will vary based on the computer algorithm. Subsurface runs it in Buhlmann or VPM, and allows you to adjust Gradient Factors or conservatism level. There is a toggle for verbatim, which spells out each step of the dive.

Back
Top Bottom