Cancellation Policy Changes at Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can try to get a credit from your credit card company. However, Chase Sapphire said that if the hotel or airlines issues future travel credits they will not reverse the charge.

The economy in any tourist place right now is really hurting i can't blame them for a strict cancelation policy. I feel for them.

Sad to say I would not get on any international plane right now, I'm waiting for the next round of travel restrictions (we have at state level still here)

Scuba Club just doubled down. I was due to stay there next month with my partner and we were going to use our credit from the reservation they cancelled in March and only gave us one year to use even though Hawaii hasn't opened up yet.

So I am optimistically heading back to Cozumel in October, but my partner isn't. He just can't take 14 days off work to quarantine. Scuba Club added a single person penalty to the rate (which made it the same price as if I was going with my partner), still isn't serving dinner, if I was using the credit they told me I had to use the entire credit on the trip in October or I'd lose it, and told me I still had only until March to use it if I didn't use the credit for the October trip.

I told them that the credit needed to be extended past March since there are places that still are not open and people can't travel. That if they weren't willing to extend the credit for an additional year, my partner would be challenging the charge on his credit card.

Anyone who is criticizing Blue Angel for issuing a credit good for TWO YEARS isn't dealing with Scuba Club and their credit of one year from the date of the original reservation.
Hmm when I called Scuba Club, I asked about a single supplement and it was only about $60 over the $542 5 day package.
Were you looking to utilize that package?

The economy in any tourist place right now is really hurting i can't blame them for a strict cancelation policy. I feel for them.

Sad to say I would not get on any international plane right now, I'm waiting for the next round of travel restrictions (we have at state level still here)

Not to be harsh, but good wishes don’t put food on the table in Cozumel.

No one is wishing anything but the best for Cozumel. While nice, sending good vibes isn’t like traveling, diving, dining, buying local stuff.

New England to Cozumel? No restriction on air travel, right?

If folks are put off by a harsh cancellation policy - they feel they may lose their money - the resort may well find that their net bookings are less than they would be with a more generous policy.

Hotel rooms and dive slots are perishable commodities - time goes by and they are worthless.

Hmm when I called Scuba Club, I asked about a single supplement and it was only about $60 over the $542 5 day package.
Were you looking to utilize that package?

My $949 for eight nights jumped to $1,449 for the same time frame being a single. It was only $100 more when my partner was coming with me.

It was eight nights of lodging, 5 days diving, breakfast and lunch, unlimited shore diving. Same package as you?

@P-Dog

I would get while the gettin’ is good.

Use your credit as soon as practical.
And
Dispute the charge - you never know - you may recover

Single supplement? That’s interesting in the current environment.

I was shocked. I told her that Hawaii is in the process of starting to open up to travel now, but it has made the announcement three other times already and pulled the plug on it, so my partner can't go. He can't risk having to quarantine for two weeks upon return. I *thought* I was doing them a favor by showing up and staying there. Yes, it was prepaid, but I'd still be buying extra dives, spending money in the bar, and tipping. She was absolutely rigid in her policies.

The credit expires in March since that is when the last reservation, that they cancelled, was. I changed our flight to March today. I'll call them tomorrow to re-book the stay.

I know this is a thread about BA, but they are pleasant to deal with and I loved staying there. If I didn't have a credit at Scuba Club it would be off of my places to stay.

My $949 for eight nights jumped to $1,449 for the same time frame being a single. It was only $100 more when my partner was coming with me.

It was eight nights of lodging, 5 days diving, breakfast and lunch, unlimited shore diving. Same package as you?
I was interested in their special that was for 5 nights.

“QUICK GET AWAY!

November 1st - December 20th, 2020
Special

5 Nights
4 Days of Diving
2 Meals Daily (Breakfast and Lunch daily)
Unlimited Beach Diving

$542 per person plus tax in double occupancy

Travel dates: November 1st – December 20th, 2020
No other discounts apply. Subject to availability.”
Maybe the extra nights pushed the cost so high?

I haven’t booked since I may go back to Blue Angel...

Slightly off topic, but I think there is going to be so much pent up travel demand if/when safe& effective vaccine is widely available that I am trying to look into locking in future travel now as long as I am comfortable that the provider will be around (or I am using air travel credits that can still be changed again. )

Not saying you need to send non-refundable deposits to Cozumel hotels (or anywhere else ) , just might want to keep in the back of your mind that there could be a mad leisure travel rush next year if things go as we all hope I am afraid the airlines especially may try to gouge us if they have increased demand with reduced capacity Already seeing some instances of this now here and there

I fully support people's own decisions to send money however there is sometimes a bit of "boasting" or "shaming", perhaps unintentional. ?
I don't like bragging when I make donations so when I make them I do it anonymously. So if you ever see anonymous donor, it's a pretty good chance it was me. I heard Kevin Nealon say that on a podcast the other day, couldn't resist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom