Latest Roatan news? Re-open? Test requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's better than being closed but would preclude me going there. I'm not booking flights and resorts and all that a trip entails unless I was guaranteed the means to get the test done. I've heard how it is sometimes taking people weeks to get results. Taken within 72 hours basically means you have to get results in 24-48 hours. Too much risk that results won't get back in time or you get there and they don't accept your test results.

I wonder if airlines are handling it like they do passports. They verify your passport/visa before the flight because they don't want to have to fly you back. Are they verifying test results for places that require test results for entry?

To be honest, I had to test several times for Covid-19 for work related issues in June-July and it took me 2 weeks to get my results back. For some reason those times were very crazy and lots of people were testing at that time. I think you should ask how long it takes to get result back now days. May be you will be able to get it in 24 hours now. I remember that my first test in May was delivered to me within 24 hours.

Just because Roatan has certain restriction doesn’t mean you can’t travel/ dive elsewhere! How about Mexico? All these excuses add up too I’m just to damn scared to leave the house! And that’s ok too....less crowded boats:wink:

Excuses? I just got back from two weeks in Coz. I'm simply wondering if the requirements are in line with what is feasible. I'm sure I could get results in 20 minutes if I was a politician, celebrity, or athlete.

. I'm sure I could get results in 20 minutes if I was a politician, celebrity, or athlete.
I thought you were all three :wink:

To be honest, I had to test several times for Covid-19 for work related issues in June-July and it took me 2 weeks to get my results back. For some reason those times were very crazy and lots of people were testing at that time. I think you should ask how long it takes to get result back now days. May be you will be able to get it in 24 hours now. I remember that my first test in May was delivered to me within 24 hours.
I'm sure location and timing matter but I had a rapid one done about three weeks ago and had the results before I left the examination room. (about 20 minutes)

I'm sure location and timing matter but I had a rapid one done about three weeks ago and had the results before I left the examination room. (about 20 minutes)
Good to know. I'm going to Roatan Liveaboard on October 31st.

But a rapid one (antigen) is not what Roatan requires. That Beach House article has a link to US testing sites that meet the requirements and it seems a molecular PCR test is required. I checked three in my area and they all said "typically" 1-2 days but "may be" up to 10 days. That's just not going to cut it when you have the test on Wednesday and your flight departs on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom