Herd Immunity in Indonesia

Would you travel to Indonesia after they have accomplished herd immunity?

• Yes

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The effective measures to mitigate against a pandemic are exactly opposite to the ideal image of an American success story. The irony is that they both share the same phonetic element: mask/masc-

The effective measures to mitigate against a pandemic are exactly opposite to the ideal image of an American success story. The irony is that they both share the same phonetic element: mask/masc-

OK. I don’t get the “masc”. Explain.

The one where he gets to make money is my guess, I can understand the sentiment and frustration of those whose livelihoods are deeply impacted, yet so many of those refuse to do the simple act of wearing a mask (at least those in the US) which has been proven to be the most effective treatment yet, prevention.

Barring an effective vaccine which may never come, masks and instant testing are likely the best hope for getting things moving again.

The one where he gets to make money is my guess

For most of the past decade to present, I've been fortunate to have a permanent well paid job where I have 1 or 2 weeks holiday every month, allowing me to travel overseas & see the world every month. I have benefited from the covid situation.

But my close friends and loved ones in Indonesia have lost their jobs months ago & have families to take care of. I've been financially supporting them, including a local dive instructor during this time

I don't ever take what I have for granted now or before.

Health is one of my top priorities

According to the CDC's Covid-19 Pandemic Planning updated 10 days ago, the Infection Fatality Ratio for people aged between 50-69 years is only 0.005%. I don't think that's reason enough to lock up everyone over 50, that would be ludicrous

Hi Dan,

Have you read this:
upload_2020-9-20_9-16-16.png

COVID-19 Provisional Counts - Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics

What do you think of the above CDC statement? Should we lock-down the chronically comorbid and get on with our lives?

cheers,
m

It is indeed. What do you recommend?

I'm not 100% familiar with the intricacies of the European approach, but from what I'm seeing from oz, the European approach is aimed at accepting & living with the virus. So something like this.

Being in oz there are some of the stringent controls in the world in some states. The hypocrisy of certain regional governments are absurd, a celebrity or sport star may be allowed to cross borders without quarantining, but elderly & child cancer sufferers are missing out on life saving treatment because of covid bureaucracies

Hi Dan,

Have you read this:
View attachment 613242
COVID-19 Provisional Counts - Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics

What do you think of the above CDC statement? Should we lock-down the chronically comorbid and get on with our lives?

cheers,
m

I've been trying to get my head around the table in the link. It shows that the deceased covid infected had other conditions that caused their deaths?

A logical step would be to put an emphasis on taking care of the vulnerable and throwing resources at keeping them protected, as opposed to restricting the freedom of the world's population

Back
Top Bottom