Truck for diving help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right! It's not much but it's still there... man, scary. I feel for the hundreds of people that have lost everything.. puts my little truck search in perspective.

Well, bought a 2020 Tacoma TRD off road yesterday. The quality and reliability won the day. The Ranger drove better, quicker, lighter feeling but being new I need it to have more time in the market for me to do make that commitment.

Congrats on the new truck. Now you can start poking holes in the bed, and install some L-track for attachment points :D

Congrats on the new truck

Now you can start poking holes in the bed, and install some L-track for attachment points :D
No kidding. My Tundra had the track in the side rails with a couple adjustable cleats. They worked pretty well, but way to high to be useful for dive gear unless tanks are upright.

My Titan XD has track in the rails on the side and front of bed. It also has two sections in the base of the bed running the entire length of the bed. Those are incredibly useful.

Congrats on the new truck

No kidding. My Tundra had the track in the side rails with a couple adjustable cleats. They worked pretty well, but way to high to be useful for dive gear unless tanks are upright.

My Titan XD has track in the rails on the side and front of bed. It also has two sections in the base of the bed running the entire length of the bed. Those are incredibly useful.
I linked this earlier in this thread, but I'll toss it in again: DIY-ish truck bed rails. L-track can be easily and cheaply added to most pickup beds -- front, sides, or floor. Highly recommend US Cargo Control since they are cheap, good quality, great support, and do custom stuff if you need it. My truck has L-track on the front and sides of the bed, and I have the pieces to add some it to the floor, but haven't gotten around to it. Super duper useful, it's the very first modification I will do to my next truck!

Ok all.... I think I really screwed up. I have 200 miles on my Tacoma since I bought it last Thursday. My lower back i s killing me... I have been trying to figure out what the issue is and I think it's the driving position. I find myself leaning over to see out the windshield.. How I didn't notice this on a multiple test drives I have no idea but I can't do this truck but I might be stuck. I measured the distance from the top of the seat bottom to the floorboard and its like 8 inches. My wife's car is like 13. My legs feel like what a woman must feel like having an "exam." My knees are in the air. I wish I had rented this truck prior for a few days. Anyone want to buy a Tacoma! :)

Power seat? Fiddled with all of the adjustments? Ex. Lumbar support. The Tacoma does have what I’d call “not a typical truck” seating position.

Adjustments to the seat could help your back, but it’s not going to address the odd seat height and legroom. Seat rail extension brackets?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom