DIN valve with yoke first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a steel tank with a DIN valve and got a yoke converter. However, there isn’t the small indent which can be found on the back of yoke valves on the back of the DIN valve. So the yoke first stage can’t tighten down properly. What would be the best method for resolving this issue? Is there another type of converter which would bypass the issue or should I just get a new tank valve?

I have a steel tank with a DIN valve and got a yoke converter. However, there isn’t the small indent which can be found on the back of yoke valves on the back of the DIN valve. So the yoke first stage can’t tighten down properly. What would be the best method for resolving this issue? Is there another type of converter which would bypass the issue or should I just get a new tank valve?
A picture of the valve would help, also tank info, like working pressure. You mention converter; do you mean the little doughnut that screws into the DIN valve?

A picture of the valve would help, also tank info, like working pressure. You mention converter; do you mean the little doughnut that screws into the DIN valve?
The tank is certified to 3500 psi. The converter is the little doughnut that screws into it. I know that if I did switch tank valves I would just have to get it filled below 3500psi.

Sounds like you have a 300bar valve that isn't compatible. Pictures. If your tank is 3500. I am guessing it is a 7/8 UNF thread PST tank. Those are not convertable and the only valve available are all 300 bar. To use that tank you may need to convert your regulator to DIN

Need pictures to confirm

The tank is certified to 3500 psi. The converter is the little doughnut that screws into it. I know that if I did switch tank valves I would just have to get it filled below 3500psi.

if it's a 3500psi tank then you can't get a valve that will work with yoke. You have to switch to DIN regulators or sell the tank.

LEFT is 3500, RIGHT is 3442. Left can't be converted with an insert.
20200703_064901.jpg

Ditch the unsightly and bulky yoke. Keep the DIN. Yokes are for oxen....and chickens.

The problem is the little doughnut doesn't seal until it goes so far in that about two DIN threads show, and then your yoke reg won't reach the doughnut. I agree with others....change your reg to DIN.

Back
Top Bottom