When you going Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Did a trip to Leyte in Phillipines last November but getting concerned about the next one and when it might be.
Brought a new set up OMD EM52 and housing and did the one trip with it. Now it is sitting in the cupboard and I am getting a little pee'd.
I thought I might be able to go to Tulamben before the end of this year but that is looking unlikely.
I'm starting to dry out and completely over the Covid thing and there seems to be no plan to us out of this Economy destroying WuFlu.
I've also been watching Utubes of diving and that just adds to the frustration.

No local diving?

Too bloody cold for an old diver like me. I also like to be looked after by guides etc. Just pointing to the water and 'go help yourself' doesn't cut it anymore.

All very well for you to say from the comfort of Dubai and the warm water of the Gulf handy.

The diving in Sydney is great - no shortage of critters . Go see Seatec and get a drysuit and jump right in. I always find something worth shooting. There's Facebook group with visibility reports for local dive sites so you have an idea what's around and what the visibility is like.

All very well for you to say from the comfort of Dubai and the warm water of the Gulf handy.

Many of us here use drysuits in the winter, plus I dive in cold places too.

The Persian Gulf is like soup in the summer plus with 1m visibility not my type of diving, we go to the east coast where it's cooler and slightly clearer.

We have been diving most weekends here in Los Angeles, compressed air is a lot cleaner than what is in the sky right now.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom