Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you like about the cuff dump?

On my first drysuit I had cuff dump valve and exhausted gas from it mostly. This was because of wrong main exhaust valve placement. It was almost impossible maintaining minimum gas volume in drysuit with main valve.

964313-477133275698339-169117582-o.jpg

My second drysuit I got with the same stupid exhaust valve placement (red patch on pic.), but rearranged it to the right one. Since then there was no need in additional cuff dump valve.

644477-497626996949637-199277236-n.jpg

Seaskin Nova has "Move Dump (DIR)" option, thus also no any substantial need in cuff dump valve even inspite of yo-yo profiles.

P.S. the more you use wrist dump valve the more your undergarment is wet

Seaskin Nova has "Move Dump (DIR)" option,

Are you saying that you moved your exhaust valve to the "DIR" required location and it is working well for you without need for a cuff dump valve?

I just ordered a Seaskin Nova and didn't consider having the exhaust valve moved. Has the "stock" position been a problem for others with a Nova suit?

Just received my Seaskin Nova. The suit looks solid but the warm neck seems to have some problems:
1) Small hole (image attached);
2) It looks like the neck may unglue.

Did anyone have similar issues?

Regarding the undersuit, did anyone experience extra room in the back of the waist area?

Attachments

• IMG_20200917_153536 (3).jpg
    IMG_20200917_153536 (3).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 199
Hole is a drain, not sure about the ungluing relates to

Just received my Seaskin Nova. The suit looks solid but the warm neck seems to have some problems:

Regarding the undersuit, did anyone experience extra room in the back of the waist area?
That hole should be there. Lets excess water out.

I haven't had a problem with the neck coming unglued. But, I suppose that is something that *could* happen on any drysuit. A buddy of mine had that happen recently on his suit (not a Seaskin). He used a heat gun on Low to warm it up and press it together and that fixed it.

On the undersuit, are you talking about some extra room that allows you to bend forward while wearing it?

I just ordered a Seaskin Nova and didn't consider having the exhaust valve moved. Has the "stock" position been a problem for others with a Nova suit?

I have the "stock" position and have no complaints. Some friends got theirs with the DIR placement and like it. But, they don't have a Seaskin with stock placement to compare it to. I don't know anyone that has both that can offer an informed comparison.

With thick undies and my doubles rig on, it can feel like I am able to reach my dump valve, but like I'm not sure I could reach any further. So, I'm not sure if I would be able to reach the dump valve if it were the DIR placement. I probably could, but I am certain it would be harder than reaching the stock position.

Hole is a drain, not sure about the ungluing relates to

That hole should be there. Lets excess water out.

I haven't had a problem with the neck coming unglued. But, I suppose that is something that *could* happen on any drysuit. A buddy of mine had that happen recently on his suit (not a Seaskin). He used a heat gun on Low to warm it up and press it together and that fixed it.

On the undersuit, are you talking about some extra room that allows you to bend forward while wearing it?

Meanwhile I called Seaskin and they explained why the drain and extra room "issues" are "working as intended" (first drysuit that I bought so still I was not aware of some basic stuff).

The "potential ungluing" is a section of the warm neck that seems to be less glued than the rest (picture attached). Probably I'm nitpicking...

Attachments

• IMG_20200917_173721.jpg
    IMG_20200917_173721.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 175
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom