Current Prices for Helium in US and Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'd like to know the current prices for Helium per liter and Ft3 in Europe and US please.

I found a source for He in Libya that costs $330 for a 50L Tank at 150 Bar (it works out to be $1.25/Ft3 and $0.04/L if my math is right) and I'd like to know how it compares to the rest of the world.

T-cylinder (291 cf) was $299 exchange a month ago. That is Arizona pricing.
The K of aviator was $40 for more reference. Praxair, no account, walk in.
August 2020

$2.25 ft^3 here in the lakes region. Stuff is getting scarce. They will not sell to anyone but welding, industrial,and medical. Ours is through a welding shop as a middleman.

Depends on the grade and how long you have had an account + the volumes you have bought in the past here. $1 to $3 cf is the range though. $1.25cf is a good price

its a big country :p

Hahaha, you are absolutely right :)

Now I just thought of a question I have to ask the local supplier, do his prices change when the exchange rates of our local currency vs. the US change. Right now with very high $/Euro vs. LYD, the price appears to be in the same range as European and US prices but will it go down if LYD goes up vs. $/Euro. If they are like other goods here, the cost never goes down even with improved local currency value, it only goes up.

They started drilling for helium in some western states. Be interesting to see if they can make any money.

They started drilling for helium in some western states. Be interesting to see if they can make any money.
helium is never found alone, its a trace component of natural gas deposits. its often not profitable to separate it out and its lost to the atmosphere

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom