Showing off my newly rebuilt Conshelf 20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All I know is that the yoke knob and the 2nd Stage cover say "Conshelf 20" on them. You may be correct, but the one I have is all shiny chrome. I like shiny things. :)

Per the VDH archive on the Conshelf progression, the 20 should be satin. The original shop that sold the reg may have assembled a mix of parts or things may have been swapped or replaced at some time over the last 40 years.

The port plugs look like they were from a Conshelf XIV. If it has 3 lp ports and the HP port is 3/8 in, the first stage is a XIV with a 20 yoke screw on it. (I really like XIVs, one was my first reg purchase)

If it has 4 lp ports and the HP is 7/16 in, it's a 21 (my favorite Conshelf first stage).

If one of the lp ports is 1/2 in, it's a 22 or an SE2 (my least favorite because of that 1/2 in port).

Service kits and everything inside those first stages are exactly the same.

You should send it to him. He should have a matching octopus, no?

I don't use no stink'n octopus. :) Wouldn't I need a buddy for one to be useful anyway? :)

The port plugs look like they were from a Conshelf XIV. If it has 3 lp ports and the HP port is 3/8 in, the first stage is a XIV with a 20 yoke screw on it. (I really like XIVs, one was my first reg purchase)

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Damn dive shop probably pulled a fast one on my friend who originally bought the reg.

I don't use no stink'n octopus. :) Wouldn't I need a buddy for one to be useful anyway? :)

Now, now,...if you want a historically accurate restoration, you really need an octopus on that first stage. Remember it was the 80s. Everyone had an octopus and solo wasn't a thing then. Oh, you're also going to need a yellow or orange wet suit too.

Remember it was the 80s. Everyone had an octopus and solo wasn't a thing then. Oh, you're also going to need a yellow or orange wet suit too.

How did you know I had an orange wetsuit in the 80's ? :)

fBqHhQ.jpg

I don’t think the emoji you wanted to use is the one that is showing up on my platform. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I had an orange wetsuit
Back when we measured thicknesses in fractions of an inch...none of that silly metric nonsense.

I still have my Parwkway and it fits! (my son, not me ;-) )

IMG_0021.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom