There go the mangroves or the end of the peepee pier....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvchief

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In case you missed it, this projected was repeatedly rejected, but apparently after spreading enough 'goodwill' around it has now been approved.

This project that was a water park I think, then a luxury hotel and now is a 'ecological village' is down by Palancar Pier.

Here is a little info, which also interesting as it mention Dahlia, who owns the land there by the reef Dahlia....: Semarnat autoriza proyecto ecocida “Lakam-Há”

I don't know how much weight a petition carries compared to cash, but can't hurt right?

Sign the Petition

I didn't see any such mention.

Look between the ads and I misspelled it:

"The former candidate for governor of Quintana Roo was sued before the State Attorney General's Office (FGE) by Dalila Allen Delgado last July. She is the owner of a neighboring land invaded by Sánchez Martínez through the placement of a cyclonic mesh, which in addition to affecting the dirt road. This caused damage to the coastal dune and affected the passage of wildlife, causing at least the death of one deer that was hit by a car when it had to enter the road."

Thanks, I was searching by your spelling, in part because I've seen the reef spelled various ways and was thinking I had finally discovered the correct way in Dahlia. Which is a flower.

Thanks, I was searching by your spelling, in part because I've seen the reef spelled various ways and was thinking I had finally discovered the correct way in Dahlia. Which is a flower.

Well, I would say you owe me a margarita for doubting me and also believing my spelling is correct. And AFAIK, its named after that lady, not the flower. Of course maybe she is named for the flower?

So I guess my attempt at an amusing title to draw attention to the proposed destruction of the ecosystem right in the heart of Palancar by a developer alreadying being sued for illegally damaging the ecosystem has failed. I thought it was catchy, but on rare occasions such thoughts turn out to be incorrect.

Maybe @MMM could fix the title to "Save the ecosystem by Palancar" or "Petition to stop the destruction of the mangroves supporting Palancar Reef" or something better.

Is anyone signing or just scrolling by?
It looks like over 30,000 have signed it. Surely that's enough to get someone's attention maybe? The population of Coz appears to only be 100,000. I've always doubted the value of online petitions but i signed and donated anyway.

I hate the way that the Powers treat the island. It's like they sell her soul to appease the cruise gods. Yeah, I know that natives depend on barge people but that's an artificial attraction that didn't have to happen.

Years ago D.Trump wanted to build an airstrip and resort on protected land on the northeast side and ruin it as he did in Scotland. If people flew in for that tho, they wouldn't benefit the island or even go see it, so it'd just have siphoned resources and the mayor stopped him. With his record of ecological abuse, bankruptcies, and cheating contractors, it was a wise move that more should have taken with him. Maybe they'll stop this Mexican Trump?

Back
Top Bottom