Basic gear for open water course that is made in USA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sherwood regs are made in the USA as they have been since they decided to make their own regs. Before that they produced parts and manufactured regs for all US regs back when SCUBA began. They also were the ones that originally modified the piston regulator to work underwater. They also have an intriguing way to environmentally seal a first stage.

I like them, others make other good choices.

I've been diving my Sherwood Magnum since, um, 22+ years? Long time. Love them though they haven't seen any cold water in a very long time, though that is why I'd originally purchased them.

I've been diving my Sherwood Magnum since, um, 22+ years? Long time. Love them though they haven't seen any cold water in a very long time, that is why I'd originally purchased them.

My 1980 Magnum was my main reg till 2010, and it's now on my pony. I replaced it with a Blizzard as my main reg now. I like vintage gear and especially metal seconds, so the Sherwood second stages are usually used as a backup second, if at all.

I'm still diving the same first, primary and safe second. There have been hose changes and a couple of challenges with my primary cover but creative techs have managed easily.

Sherwood regs are made in the USA as they have been since they decided to make their own regs. Before that they produced parts and manufactured regs for all US regs back when SCUBA began. They also were the ones that originally modified the piston regulator to work underwater. They also have an intriguing way to environmentally seal a first stage.

I like them, others make other good choices.

at least their second stages are not made here anymore. First stages may still be but the seconds aren't. They would certainly claim "Made in USA" if they could.

I don't know of any mask/ fins snorkles made here except force fins.

With that said I would not order a mask online. Fit is extremely important with them especially and you need to try them on.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom