Basic gear for open water course that is made in USA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vanguy209

New
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Just took a introduction to scuba course and found it to be pretty awesome. Definitely want to try out the open water course at my local scuba shop.

Politics aside I used to work a blue collar job for 10 years as a Teamster and finished my accounting degree about 5 years ago and been working as a Financial Analyst. I've always tried to purchase clothes, toys, whatever i can that is made in the USA that is also a good quality product and when its economically feasible.

Since I am getting into this new sport I was wondering if anyone knew of some manufacturers I can ask for when i sign up for the class that make gear made in the good ol USA. They mentioned i would be needing; mask, snorkel, fins, boots and gloves and they have two packages from TUSA Solla, and ScubaPro Fin Package. I think i took a glance at the mask and it was made in Thailand. If i could get some manufacturers name that are made in USA that maybe the shop has or maybe they can order for me I would like for them to get a cut also as they are a local business if possible, if not i guess i would just order online. If i could get some recommendations i would definitely appreciate it.

TLDR: Recommendations of Scuba brands that make their gear in USA please more focused on the beginners gear such as mask, snorkel, fins, boots and gloves.

unfortunately it is seriously slim pickings. Basically Scubapro Jet Fins I think are still made here, and Force Fins certainly are. Masks/snorkels I am not aware of any made in the USA, and certainly not for booties or gloves. Wish it wasn't the case, but it's unlikely you'll find that level of gear that's made here

Zeagle and Atomic regulators are still made in the USA. Force Fins are USA made.

I don't know any BCD/wings/ mask that are made in the US. I haven't seen a US made Jet fin in about 3 years.

Henderson has a line of USA made wetsuits.

UWLD but that is far from basic gear.

We will gloss over the made in USA (with imported materials) for most of it.

Zeagle and Atomic regulators are still made in the USA. Force Fins are USA made.

I don't know any BCD/wings/ mask that are made in the US. I haven't seen a US made Jet fin in about 3 years.

Atomic can't claim Made in USA on their regulators which is why they don't. Parts are made here, but not enough of it to claim that. More made in USA than most though.

All of Dive Rite's soft goods *wings, pockets, etc.* are made in USA, Halcyon's backplates and wings are made in USA, Oxycheqs bp/w and soft goods are Made in USA, all of Zeagle's bcd's are made in USA, slew of others, hell even DGX's wings are made in the USA *by the same people that make Dive Rite's*.

Not aware of any masks though.

Sherwood regs are made in the USA as they have been since they decided to make their own regs. Before that they produced parts and manufactured regs for all US regs back when SCUBA began. They also were the ones that originally modified the piston regulator to work underwater. They also have an intriguing way to environmentally seal a first stage.

I like them, others make other good choices.

Back
Top Bottom