IDEA!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Navy has developed self driving ships. Yay!!!

The Navy has developed self driving ships. Yay!!!

I deem you @Wookie the boat captain....you've been around long enough you deserve a break on this automated boat....and put @lowwall mind at ease knowing there's someone on board "in case of" (but really....what could go wrong?!?)

Not me. I just fix them when they come home

Not me. I just fix them when they come home

I just figured you could use the break....have to pass the nomination to @lowwall so no laws are broken:)

OK, so let's accept for the sake of argument that the drones and autonomous boats are coming and somehow won't be leaving a trail of chopped up diver and manatee parts behind them...

What happens when your summoning device floods?

OK, so let's accept for the sake of argument that the drones and autonomous boats are coming and somehow won't be leaving a trail of chopped up diver and manatee parts behind them...

What happens when your summoning device floods?

Easy peasy...you're a DIVER...you've got at least 2 summoning devices!! :wink:

Where's the adventure in all that? More fun to imagine that the boat might not be there when you surface and you'll have to rely on your own awesomeness to survive and find a way out. Or you could just pack a sat phone in a dry bag.

Laws requiring vessels under way to maintain a lookout are hardly "bureaucratic BS".

The Navy already has autonomous boats running around. They've always had a human onboard until recently

I guess it would be an app. And we all know cell phones never malfunction.

Be handy for the narcotraficantes though. Hack a diver's boat and hide contraband onboard when the owner submerges. If it makes it back to shore undetected, you pick it up. If the owner gets busted, it's their problem.

Have I sufficiently rained on your parade? I'm sure I can think of some more. :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom