IDEA!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
With all the advancements in technology.... Self driving cars, smart phones, fancy dive computers....when can we expect to see a dive computer with GPS that can communicate with your boat to come pick me (well I guess really you....I'll never be able to afford that, lol)? Think about it, you anchor, dive, come up, and tell the boat to pull anchor and come pick you up with the touch of a button. I'm sure there's tons of bureaucratic BS to get through to make it happen, but it COULD happen...:yeahbaby:

Would be some pretty awesome Night Rider type stuff going on! All the tech is out there to make it happen. Now all you smart divers with cash to burn....GO..and remember us little guys (and maybe especially me and come pick me up after you've made a few million or so:D). I don't need any cash...but I could use a few friends with automated boats!

David-Hasselhoff-Knight-Rider-KITT-618x400.jpg

It was called a Nautilus "Lifeline", and the early models had both a radio and a GPS beacon.

Later model dropped the radio feature.

Laws requiring vessels under way to maintain a lookout are hardly "bureaucratic BS".

I mean...really..just had to take the wind out of my sails just like that? Couldn't even let us have fun for a minute?

I mean...really..just had to take the wind out of my sails just like that? Couldn't even let us have fun for a minute?
Well have to plan a trip to Thailand sometime in the future when Americans are allowed out, it sort of seem like what you propose but no electronics needed, about the same cost too.

Well have to plan a trip to Thailand sometime in the future when Americans are allowed out, it sort of seem like what you propose but no electronics needed, about the same cost too.

YES...that's the kind of brainstorming I'm talking about! Went in a different direction,....but I like it!

Come on guys, let the man live his fantasy for a little longer :)

(Add the babe-watch girls to it and you will live the dream :) )

That part hadn't even occurred to me!!!...but you're right, I can picture it now. I'm hitting the button and waiting for my automated boat filled with honey's to come pick me up....and here that beautiful piece of tech comes....but wait...... it's my WIFE behind the wheel :mad:...she found out about all the Baywatch babes!!

That's about how that dream would go irl, lol!

Last time a dive boat would run over one of its own divers! Because the computer would be smart enough to shut the motors off before the divers boarded......

Last time a dive boat would run over one of its own divers! Because the computer would be smart enough to shut the motors off before the divers boarded......

Yup....big fubar mistake if the boat AND the GPS coordinates the dc were sending are in the SAME spot at the SAME time...:eek::D

Back
Top Bottom