Cancellation Policy Changes at Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And plenty of others are not surviving at all. I don't see how this is different from buying nonrefundable plane tix; if you cancel you don't get your money back, only credit toward future travel. As long as BA is being up front about it, the choice is ours to book or not to book.
It is the same. For our trip in January we have non refundable plane tickets. They are enough cheaper I'm willing to take the risk. Our AirBnB housing is a mix of refundable and non refundable. I am willing to pay more for refundable in this situation.

I never understood the concept of paying for something you don't get?

It is the same. For our trip in January we have non refundable plane tickets. They are enough cheaper I'm willing to take the risk. Our AirBnB housing is a mix of refundable and non refundable. I am willing to pay more for refundable in this situation.

What airline?

We’re excited to announce a major change that’ll give you more flexibility when you fly with us. We’re permanently getting rid of change fees for most Economy and premium cabin tickets for flights within the U.S., or between the U.S. and Mexico or the Caribbean.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/change-fee.html

IF BA was offering rooms and dive trips at 75% cost in exchange for these nonrefundable deposits I might go for it.

What airline?

We’re excited to announce a major change that’ll give you more flexibility when you fly with us. We’re permanently getting rid of change fees for most Economy and premium cabin tickets for flights within the U.S., or between the U.S. and Mexico or the Caribbean.

As I said, increasingly pointless.

LOL, if you find it so pointless why do you keep replying? I thought you said you were giving me the last word?

Another option for those absolutely married to BA is to only book hotel, not diving. That would cut your exposure in half, maybe more. It is extremely likely that they will find a place on the boat for you if you show up and say you want to dive. If not, plenty of other dive ops will pick up there.

I just know I'm gonna regret this... :D

I wasn't talking about change fees, I was talking about cancellations. If you cancel a trip on a non refundable ticket you don't get your money back, you get credit toward a later flight. I haven't flown since the pandemic started, but if it's different now I'll bet it's temporary. For change fees United is just trying to compete with SWA who has had this policy for some time.

In any event, bringing airline policies into a discussion on dive resort policies is a diversion. We shouldn't accept such policies with dive resorts, where they are not the norm, just because we lost the battle a long time ago with the airlines. Which points out why we should push back now on BA policy because if they get away with it then others may follow suit. Perhaps we should have pushed back harder when the airlines started their nonsense.

What airline?

American. I'm not fond of them but United will have to really raise their game for me to buy a United ticket. Reality is that we will be able to go, or not able to go. We will save the ticket price many times over if we can't go. Since 1996 we cancelled one time. We could have paid $100 a ticket and rebooked but we had no idea when the crisis would be over so just took the loss. We have saved that loss many times over by buying non refundable tickets and not paying for trip insurance.

What airline?

American. I'm not fond of them but United will have to really raise their game for me to buy a United ticket. Reality is that we will be able to go, or not able to go. We will save the ticket price many times over if we can't go. Since 1996 we cancelled one time. We could have paid $100 a ticket and rebooked but we had no idea when the crisis would be over so just took the loss. We have saved that loss many times over by buying non refundable tickets an

What airline?

IF BA was offering rooms and dive trips at 75% cost in exchange for these nonrefundable deposits I might go for it.

American. I'm not fond of them but United will have to really raise their game for me to buy a United ticket. Reality is that we will be able to go, or not able to go. We will save the ticket price many times over if we can't go. Since 1996 we cancelled one time. We could have paid $100 a ticket and rebooked but we had no idea when the crisis would be over so just took the loss. We have saved that loss many times over by buying non refundable tickets an

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom