XL fin size variations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whitrzac

Contributor
Reaction score
I had a set of XL orange fins that were loose on my wetsuit boots(width and length) and fit my drysuit boots properly. They grew their own legs and wondered off...

I picked up a set of XL blue fins from the shop and they barely fit my wetsuit boots. I haven't even tried to fit them over my drysuit boots.

Has anyone else noticed size differences?

All fins of the same size come out of the same mold, so they are all the same size.

Are the springs set to a different adjustment point?

Did you get a different brand of fins maybe?

I think he’s wondering if the OP is making an apples to oranges fins size comparison. Ex. Deep 6 vs. ‘x’ brand XL sized fins. That’s what I was thinking the OP did.

Yea LOL, did not understand the question I guess :D

Yea LOL, did not understand the question I guess :D
thrown off by it being in the Deep 6 area, with no other brand mentioned, and we do have blue fins.

But yes, I think I was wrong in what he was asking.

You can make some size adjustment, not D6 authorized by the way, place the foot pocket into a vat of hot (as in just boiled) water after the completely warm up put the tight foot ware into the pocket and let it cool. I also switch the springs for bungee, they don’t have to be foot crushing tight to stay on your feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom