Snacking Between Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A friend saw another diver on his boat pull a sausage out of a thermos, and proceed to use the hot water in it to make tea. He thought it was the most brilliant thing

I no longer do cold water (or cold air for that matter) but when I did, it was so satisfying to have hot ramen between dives. Hot water in a small thermos, the styrofoam cup of stuff, and voilà.

These days if/when I eat pasta of any kind is not salty instant stuff but I can remember shivering one moment and next the feeling like being hugged from the inside.

Kashi granola bars, assorted nuts, Powerade Zero. Starburst for post-dive dry mouth.

I can eat almost anything.. If I’m short on time or I’m not hungry but I need fuel a protein powder mixed with water dose the trick. Easy to bring too.

So I am going to preface this with "I am not a diver yet". However, I am an avid cyclist and do understand what we call bonking (basically running out of fuel), especially on long rides. I wanted to toss this out there because I think that they might be a cool thing to take along and snack on between dives. There is a cookbook by Sktrach Labs called Feedzone Portables. These are some great recopies that offer up some carbs and other nutrients that will help get your energy levels back up.

Feed Zone Portables with FREE Skratch Paper

I have this book and my wife and I both use them on longer rides to tank up while riding. They really do help... Again, I am not a diver yet, so I might be out of line, but I can't imagine them not being good for this as well.
I love the Feedzone Portables book, I didn't realize that they had a second edition out. I originally heard about it on a cycling podcast "The outspoken cyclist". We use the recopies whenever we need instant nonperishable meals when, hiking, biking, diving, and just sometimes to have as emergency food. We don't eat prepackaged crap anymore.

Dark chocolate.

I love the Feedzone Portables book, I didn't realize that they had a second edition out. I originally heard about it on a cycling podcast "The outspoken cyclist". We use the recopies whenever we need instant nonperishable meals when, hiking, biking, diving, and just sometimes to have as emergency food. We don't eat prepackaged crap anymore.

It is a great book... We currently have Denver Omelet, Raspberry Bars, Grit Bars, and Mushroom and Cheese Fritatta in the fridge. We do a lot of miles (did 50 today), so we like to keep them handy. Good clean recipes! I wonder what is different in the second edition? We also have the Feedzone Cookbook which as some great recipes as well. I highly recommend it.

I still think would be a solid snack between dives though. Great for boosting energy on the quick.

Dark chocolate.

That would be incorrect, BfE. The answer is (b) - Swiss milk chocolate goes down easier.

I’m sorry but you have failed your Surface Interval Snacking Specialty course.

Please try again.

I have the same thing I have for lunch every day... dirty gin martini loaded with olives! :drunks:

Reactions: Ana
That would be incorrect, BfE. The answer is (b) - Swiss milk chocolate goes down easier.

I’m sorry but you have failed your Surface Interval Snacking Specialty course.

Please try again.

I bet you eat white chocolate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom