Leisure pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what is the problem? If its a they shipped but it arrived late thing, well that is corona. I had a box shipped with UPS telling me it was out for delivery for a week.

I've gotten little stuff from there store that I can't get locally. Solid company been around for a very long time. They used to sell "grey market" of aqualung and scuba pro but are now authorized dealers.

Good tip for LP- their website always shows the retail prices. If you order on the 800 number or in the store, many of the prices are lower. They can’t discount some brands but most are cheaper than the website prices.

Good tip for LP- their website always shows the retail prices. If you order on the 800 number or in the store, many of the prices are lower. They can’t discount some brands but most are cheaper than the website prices.

Yes. I received a large, unsolicited discount on a current model BCD the one time I visited the store. Staff were friendly and surprisingly knowledgeable.

I put in an order on 9/7 for the 7-10 day shipping and it was delivered on 9/11, 4 days later.

Keep in mind that Adorama/LeisurePro is run by Orthodox (possibly Hasidic, I'm not sure) Jews. They keep pretty strict adherence to the Jewish sabbath and all holidays. That often comes into scheduling conflict (annoyance) for people and shipping services used to 24/7 commerce with passing nods to Christian sabbath/holidays.
Maybe that explains why they have screwy phone hours. The phones are open on Sunday but not Saturday. I've called at 3:00 EST on a Friday and the message says they're closed, but they close at 5:00 EST on Friday. They don't answer chats. I have not purchased anything from them yet because I can't talk to anyone live! They've lost my potential business.

One person's "screwy" is another person's observance.

They are not going to answer the phone or respond to chats Friday Evenings, all day Saturdays and on holidays. On the plus side, they are open Sundays. Having lived in NYC, I know that many businesses operate that way.

I've always found this company to be prompt, honest, low priced and no nonsense. They get all of my on line business for scuba gear and cameras.

Afraid to admit this but I kind of miss their "gray market" days. You could get some amazing deals back then. I still use them whenever I need something but I stay away from ebay. It's fun to drop in the store if I'm in NYC too. (They like my little Boston Terrier.)

Back
Top Bottom