USVI Dive Vacation - what do we need to know?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@mwall04 there is something very weird going on with flights to St. Croix. I searched Google flights and it will not even show St. Croix as an option to fly into, see screenshot. AA was the same, just kept saying no airport. Thoughts?View attachment 602501

Use the airport code STX.

Technically the airport is in Christiansted. Strangely, St. Croix isn’t even used for mailing addresses here - it’s Christiansted, VI.

Yeah. figured that out--never seen that before. Anyway, can't find really any flights in September. Not loaded yet, I think.

Thanks.

One tip for booking flights to STX or any other destination for that matter is to look for them as one-way flights. I’ve noticed that the cost for 2 one-way flights is the same as a round trip ticket and gives you the flexibility on multiple airlines.

With STX, not all airlines travel here daily, so if you try for a round trip ticket and choose a day your airline doesn’t fly here on, it will come back as no flights available. How we, you may be able to make the trip work by flying back on a different airline or adjusting your dates by a day or two.

I dove around St. Thomas in June. We went out on a chartered Catamaran and did 6 different dives, and stayed on the boat. Great experience.

This is a great thread. I am moving to St. Thomas and looking forward to getting back into diving. All good information

Strangely, St. Croix isn’t even used for mailing addresses here - it’s Christiansted, VI.

Must have read by this the first time. Is this new? Some of the old haunts I used to go to still show Frederiksted, V.I. as their address. We used to send my aunt-in-law mail and pretty sure we addressed it to Frederiksted V.I.- maybe just St. Croix, V.I. Have seen businesses list their addresses by the post office that serves them, such as Christiansted, Frederiksted, and Kingshill, but think St. Croix could be used as long as there is a zip code.

We have visited St. Croix twice....once before diving certification and once since. We love the island. However, it was a long time ago that we dove there. Thinking about going back in November. What is the condition of the hard coral? Just got back from Grand Turk and all the brain coral were dead. So depressing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom