For Sale Official Freedom Plate List: Please respond here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So if I change out to a steel, I'd see it sooner? I'd gone with the AL since I was looking at it for the freedom of very light, very warm water, diving, but that little weight doesn't seem worth the wait.

I have you down for a medium aluminum. That’s why you haven’t been called because I haven’t made any medium aluminums yet.
The only aluminum I have is mine, and it’s a one off prototype, but I may sell it since I have temporarily given up on flying somewhere warm to dive. It’s a large and it will go to the next person on the list wanting a lg alum. If the PM goes unanswered then it goes to the next person down the list etc. etc. until someone finally answers their PM.
If no one on the list answers their PM then it gets listed in classifieds and it should sell after a few weeks I’d hope. The last aluminum plate listed by @Soloist lasted 11 minutes.

So if I change out to a steel, I'd see it sooner? I'd gone with the AL since I was looking at it for the freedom of very light, very warm water, diving, but that little weight doesn't seem worth the wait.

Yeah, I don't see it. The only real reason I could see getting AL is if you're trying to save 3 or 4 pounds of weight in your luggage. I dived my SS Freedom plate in the Bahamas last year. With an aluminum tank, the weight of the plate made it perfect. If I could have gotten a bigger steel tank, I would have. Then I would have been maybe 4 or 5 pounds over weighted (in shorts and a rash guard), but I will take that (or wear a thin wetsuit). Besides, for that kind of diving, it seems like it is pretty rare to be able to get a steel tank.

Either regular S/S or the new light S/S, which will be comparable in weight to aluminum but will have all the benefits of s/s.

Please update my request to light S/S, thanks.

Either regular S/S or the new light S/S, which will be comparable in weight to aluminum but will have all the benefits of s/s.

I’d like to be on “the list” I’m 5’10” 175 lbs. Medium
Stainless please! 9/15/20

Edited: gathered more info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom