Dario.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scorpiofish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just got back from Coz. I heard that Dario Hernandez is no longer working at Aldora. Anyone know how to contact him? PM me please. We go back a long ways. Saw him for the first time in many years last year on a surface interval.

BTW, just got back from 10 day trip. Now is the time to dive Cozumel. The diving hasn't been this good in 20 years now that cruise ships aren't there. More later. They need our tourist dollars.

A better report will be forthcoming.

Just got back from Coz. I heard that Dario Hernandez is no longer working at Aldora. Anyone know how to contact him? PM me please. We go back a long ways. Saw him for the first time in many years last year on a surface interval.

BTW, just got back from 10 day trip. Now is the time to dive Cozumel. The diving hasn't been this good in 20 years now that cruise ships aren't there. More later. They need our tourist dollars.

A better report will be forthcoming.
Good to hear the diving was great. Any COVID issues getting into Mexico ?

I think Dinorah is his niece. She may know. I would be bummed if he had left. He has taken som extended absences in the past.

No. No survey. No temperature check.
They sometimes use thermal cameras that you hardly notice unless you are looking for them. Pretty sure I saw one in airport but don’t remember whether it was in customs or actually by security when I departed for US

Oddly , they had me do a Covid questionnaire on my way OUT of the country. Had to quickly fill it out before I could go through security (the guy that checks boarding passes/ passports outside security was collecting them). Made no sense at all to me I had filled one out electronically and printed it out on the way into the country but no one ever asked about ti. Was shocked when had to do one in order to leave

They sometimes use thermal cameras that you hardly notice unless you are looking for them. Pretty sure I saw one in airport but don’t remember whether it was in customs or actually by security when I departed for US

Oddly , they had me do a Covid questionnaire on my way OUT of the country. Had to quickly fill it out before I could go through security (the guy that checks boarding passes/ passports outside security was collecting them). Made no sense at all to me I had filled one out electronically and printed it out on the way into the country but no one ever asked about ti. Was shocked when had to do one in order to leave[/QUOTE

Right on Coz Carlie,

Filled one on the way to Cancun and on one ever asked for it. When flying out of Coz the security jerk demanded one so i had to go back to AA and fill one out. Then the same jerk threw it in the trash.

IMG_1015.JPG
If I could only be this cool.... have you tried reaching out to Aldora's office and leaving your contact information?

Jay

Love us some Dario. My wife calls him her boyfriend in Mexico. Kevin, our stateside divemaster has known him for 30 years and had him lined up for us on our first offshore dive. I taught her to swim when she was 21, so she has always been a little scared, but Dario babysat her and is truly the reason she still dives. Hope he comes back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom