Best Way To Dive Conestoga Wreck Near Brockville?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know that the Conestoga wreck at Cardinal near Brockville has currents. I'll be taking some new divers there in early October. I see two possible ways to dive it both starting at the bow of the wreck;

1) drift with current along one side of the wreck from bow are to stern then jump inside the wreck and swim back up to the bow, then repeat with other side

2) jump inside the wreck as soon as we reach it and drift down from bow area to stern then use the lines that run along the sides of the wreck to pull ourselves back up to the bow, then repeat with another drift on the inside. Then pull ourselves back up to the bow again along the other side of the wreck

Which way is better?

There is now a chain on the shore side of the boat. i recommend you drift along the “sea” side from the bow, swim back up using the chain if necessary. Once back at the bow, go inside and drift back down.
repeat as often as you like.

If you dive with new divers, they may end up pulling themselves against the current using the wreck structure. Let’s not do that and keep the wreck intact!

The chain is only on the shore (starboard) side of the wreck. There is a line along part of the river (port) side however it is best to use the chain.

Has anyone been to the Conestoga recently? I am planning to go there tomorrow but it's an hour drive away so wanted to make sure all is still good with the site. Water levels, Covid closures etc...

I was there couple of weeks ago and no issues with the road or Covid

Back
Top Bottom