Opening Of Indonesia pushed to end of 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malaysia was having low double and single digits of daily new cases for weeks. Three days ago the number was 6, then on Monday it jumped to 62 new cases, and yesterday we had 100 new cases.
At this rate containment doesn't seem anywhere in sight.

There is hardly any testing here. Until now 0.5% of the people have been tested. Reasonable safe is not good enough of you want to vaccinate at least 60% of the world population. How to protect the Indonesian people? The virus is spread all over the archipelago already.

It's amazing to fix testing at 150,000 RP for anti-bodies and 500,000 RP for PCR.. We are in trouble.. reagents are around 500,000 RP after import.. How do you increase the testing there?

Have friends in various places in Indonesia - just want them and their families and neighbours to stay well.

Hope to go diving in Manado early next year, but don't bet on it. Would be flying in via Singapore so am watching "corridor" agreements through there carefully.

Thanks for the up to date news and discussion on this thread.

Unless there is a recognized vaccine accompanied by an approved certificate.

I'm hearing rumors that the Chinese have a vaccine.

Chinese Covid-19 Vaccines Cleared for Final Testing in U.A.E.

Seems it's being rolled out for special cases

UAE approves COVID-19 vaccine for front-line workers

Personally I'll be waiting for something from companies that I know more about (AZ, GSK, Pfizer etc) and other options that include a specific Immunoglobulin for short term protection.

WHO doesn't recommend coronavirus passports, because immunity remains questionable

Could be that any of those vaccines will never be truly effective
There's no evidence that having Covid-19 antibodies will prevent future reinfection

Back
Top Bottom