Leisure pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've used Leisure Pro many times. I've never had an issue.

6% veteran discount automatically applied to all purchases once you verify your status.

Promptly gave return authorization on computer that wouldn't light up at depth and gave me store credit.

You do need to make sure of what you're buying: sometimes prices seem better than they are because they're selling a previous model of gear, but the website does disclose that a later model is available, so that's fair.

I try to support LDS's when I can (especially the one that gives me a 10% veterans discount on everything including fill cards), but when I need something not carried locally, they're a valid option.

I've been buying from them for over 40 years first as Adorama and then Leisure Pro when my LDS started giving me crap when I wanted brands and items he didn't have and wasn't inclined to try and get. In all that time I have had one issue that they resolved promptly. They are not everyone's cup of tea. They are no-nonsense Orthodox Jews and all business. Very professional and to the point. Having run a Kosher butcher shop for a number of years I understand them and appreciate the lack of BS.

I still buy from them and I'm an Adorama VIP 360 member.
When I was going to Beneath the Sea in New Jersey I always went a day early so I could go into Manhattan and hit their place and B&H Photo.

Anybody deal with this company? Issues with shipping or receiving products?
Have used LeisurePro many times, through their website. Have always had good experiences with them. My one observation, that might be relevant. Their preferred shipper in the past seemed to be a bit slow - relative to Amazon, for example. And, the shipper didn't provide good shipment tracking information. I always received my order, just not in a few days, and I was not able to track it - until it showed up at my door.

Keep in mind that Adorama/LeisurePro is run by Orthodox (possibly Hasidic, I'm not sure) Jews. They keep pretty strict adherence to the Jewish sabbath and all holidays. That often comes into scheduling conflict (annoyance) for people and shipping services used to 24/7 commerce with passing nods to Christian sabbath/holidays.

Yeah, I know from having ordered in September in the past, that they used to shut right down for Rosh Hashanah and probably still do. They did post their closure dates on their website.

I have had excellent service and fast shipping, even standard, for many years. I quit scuba.com for a number or reasons, I continue to use LeisurePro to this day.

I ordered a wetsuit when it went on clearance a while ago right when they went on vacation. Came back to they were sold out and gave me the clearance price on the new version.

I've ordered new and used dive gear from LeisurePro and they've been great.

For used gear, it was a Nautilus Lifeline Radio that had been long out of production, but I happened upon it on their website and I wanted one for a liveaboard trip. The Lifeline was in excellent condition and even recently had the battery replaced and firmware updated.

For new gear, I had bought a Sherwood Vision dive computer. It failed after 21 dives. I contacted Sherwood for warranty service and they said to go back to point-of-sale. LeisurePro immediately emailed me a return postage PDF. After waiting the 3-5 weeks, I contacted them about the servicing. They asked for a week to track it down and since nothing had been done, they just shipped me a new one.

I haven’t had need for much in awhile but I’ve always been happy with Leisurepro. Only direct, I’ve not bought from them through eBay, which I don’t use much in general. I have often gotten items in less than 24 hours even with normal shipping, since its NYC area to Boston area.
Shipping in general right now from anyplace, through any carrier, seems more likely than usual to go all pear shaped.

3 years, (or so) ago I called LP re a pair of used Hollis F1s, because I didn't want to pay for a pair of new fins I might not like. They were already sold, but ......., the guy on the phone offered to send me a new pair for the same price because his computer was showing I had been a customer since the mid '90s. Thanks LP. Now we're flush...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom