Hello from Tel Aviv

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am BArak.
Been diving since 1995.
Recently decided to get my Master Diver certificate and I did.
More than 200 dives for sure in Egypt, Ras Mohammad, Sharem El Sheik, many dives in the Mediterranean Sea in Israel.
For the last 3 years my daughter joined me and it's been more fun than ever.
Hope to continue for as many years as I can.
:)

Bruchim haBa'im. My first SCUBA experience was with one of those dolphin buddy dives in Eilat many years ago. One of the dolphins peed on me.

Dolphin reef? I was there in 2000.

-Z

Welcome, Barak.

How’s the diving there near Tel Aviv?

I may move to Herzliya for a bit and I would most definitely want to bring my dive kit.

Hi guys and thank you for the warm welcome.

Diving in the Mediterranean is sometimes exciting but mostly the water is not so clear.

The exciting sites are in Caesarea, Nahariya and other sites which have some attractions like sinked boats, old ports and such. Another advantage are the instructors... Where else you can dive with real navy seals....my Master Diver instructor was a navy seal - special people.

Eilat is always an option for a clear water nice dive - many sites there.

Of course you can always cross the border to Egypt and go into the Sinai desert. There, in the Red Sea, diving is pretty amazing.
Blue Hole - just be careful there !!!

Dolphin reef? I was there in 2000.

-Z
Damn if I remember but it was in Eilat and the dolphins IIRC were semi-wild, in that they were free to come and go to large enclosed areas but I guess due to feeding, came regularly enough.

Of course you can always cross the border to Egypt and go into the Sinai desert. There, in the Red Sea, diving is pretty amazing.
Blue Hole - just be careful there !!!

Welcome!

When I first visited Dahab there was nothing there except the Egged bus station, a vacated Bedouin village, and an IDF outpost. We stayed a week and saw no one besides a little Bedouin lady who wanted a couple of bucks per night to sleep on the sand within the walls of her hut, and the bus station lady who gave us water and sold us ice cream bars. Things seem to have changed.

Welcome!

When I first visited Dahab there was nothing there except the Egged bus station, a vacated Bedouin village, and an IDF outpost. We stayed a week and saw no one besides a little Bedouin lady who wanted a couple of bucks per night to sleep on the sand within the walls of her hut, and the bus station lady who gave us water and sold us ice cream bars. Things seem to have changed.

Dahab dives are amazing. You have there the Canyon dive - it's a cave with a few exits on the way, 17m, 30 m and 50m or so.... amazing.
Of course Blue Hole dive which you need to be with right group of divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom