Closed Parts orders

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was never Military.. Sorry guys. I did some civil war reenacting though. haha

Roger doger over and out.

@cruisekingkris Don't assume too much. I was ROTC during college and opted for the lottery as I had just received a great job offer upon graduation from college and needed to decide between two very different paths. The 1969 lottery itself was carved out of the darkest of dark humor.

All the date capsules were put into a fishbowl in order and then removed and called. Would have been much fairer if somebody mixed them a bit better... How the Vietnam draft wasn't as random as you think

"...tried to get an injunction against the government pressing men into service until the draft lottery process was truly randomized — a task as simple as attaching numbers to dates using a random number table and then sorting them.

A judge refused the injunction. Besides, a live lottery made for a much better show."

So I ended up getting a 'free pass'. Submitting to the lottery was equivalent to fulfilling one's draft requirement. I then opted for a great job in the public sector that I worked for 38 years. Regrets? Maybe. I would have loved the incredible opportunities to serve in either the AF or Navy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom