Tips on how to achieve proper scuba trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was good. It's interesting that he simulated a valve drill with his left hand. I used left-handed single tank valves in Cuba. Maybe they use them in Japan as well?

He said that AL tanks get bottom heavy as they empty, but he did correctly go on to say and show that they go butt light. Sometimes speaking on video does that. :)

That was good. It's interesting that he simulated a valve drill with his left hand. I used left-handed single tank valves in Cuba. Maybe they use them in Japan as well?

He said that AL tanks get bottom heavy as they empty, but he did correctly go on to say and show that they go butt light. Sometimes speaking on video does that. :)
I'm afraid I never reverse the video after I film, so it actually was my right hand. Great observation!
Yeah, I often "choke" in videos and only catch the errors later in editing...

I'm afraid I never reverse the video after I film, so it actually was my right hand. Great observation!...

Aah, ok, that makes sense.

You might be able to save some time by not having to flip your video horizontally with some cell phones. When using your front-facing camera, many phones don't flip the image or video by default. If you go into your *camera*, then *settings*, you should see something like the setting below. This is on a Samsung, but most phones should allow you to turn off "Pictures as Previewed".

If you turn the setting off, it will record your video or pictures with the correct sides, writing that is readable, etc. when using your front-facing camera.

It's easier than it may seem. Good luck. :)

20200427_153333.jpg

You might be able to save some time by not having to flip your video horizontally with some cell phones. When using your front-facing camera, many phones don't flip the image or video by default. If you go into your *camera*, then *settings*, you should see something like the setting below. This is on a Samsung, but most phones should allow you to turn off "Pictures as Previewed".

If you turn the setting off, it will record your video or pictures with the correct sides, writing that is readable, etc. when using your front-facing camera.

View attachment 610798
Hey, thanks for that, I'll have a look!

View attachment 610798
Huh, I was not able to find these settings in iOS.
Has anyone else found these setting son their phone?

Huh, I was not able to find these settings in iOS.
Has anyone else found these setting son their phone?

What phone are you using?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom