Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have known a few people with them

I am sure that you have much more information and experience than I do since you live there full time. I was there for several months not full time.

I received my Seaskin Nova few days ago. IT was shipped FedEx. It was at FedEx in the UK for a couple of days but then went to Memphis and arrived the next day.

I absolutely love the suit. It's a great fit and very comfortable.

The only thing I would change, and did, was the pee valve. I went with the low profile but I didn't realize the shut off valve is on the inside of the suit. So I swapped it with the one in my old suit.

I only have 2 dives in it so far but glade I went Seaskin.

The Nova arrived too!! Fitting seems spot on, just tried at home. But they messed with the boots as I ordered neoprene socks and it came with some sort of boots, but not the tech ones they advertise as they don't have the compressor strap. Anyone had the same issue?

The boot fits me fine, but I'm concerned about the air trapped and a pair of useless rock boots that cost over 100USD!

I have the normal boots. I can tell you going from neoprene socks to boots, the boots are far easier to get on and off. As far as trapped air goes, on the second dive I moved my wing down to adjust for being heavy in the feet. It helped but not enough. I'll play with weights on the next dive. I believe I can take some off.

The Nova arrived too!! Fitting seems spot on, just tried at home. But they messed with the boots as I ordered neoprene socks and it came with some sort of boots, but not the tech ones they advertise as they don't have the compressor strap. Anyone had the same issue?

The boot fits me fine, but I'm concerned about the air trapped and a pair of useless rock boots that cost over 100USD!
can you show us what was on the quote / order form, and take a picture of what you received? I think they have 3 or 4 different boot/sock options now...

This is what I ordered:

upload_2020-9-8_9-40-54.png

And what arrived:

upload_2020-9-8_9-41-20.png

These are the options on their web:

upload_2020-9-8_9-47-4.png

I cannot chose between a Seaskin Nova or a Otter Britannic MK2 Telescopic. If anyone has any thought here, please let me know! They both seem like fantastic products though! Thank you all!

Take good care!

Respectfully,

OctoHelm

Hi guys,
My Seaskin Nova arrive one month ago, with couple weeks before, and I managed to dive with the suit in a cave for the first time. The material seems to be very resistant, with the seams glued beautifully, to the old suit Waterproof -D1. I ordered Cuff dump in Addition to shoulder dump, and I can tell you it's worth all the money, this simple change, helps me a lot me with buoyancy. Kubi rings are state of the art, easy to use, not very bulky, I love them.

Attachments

• IMG_01.jpg
    IMG_01.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_02.jpg
    IMG_02.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_03.jpg
    IMG_03.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_04.jpg
    IMG_04.jpg