Peeing Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I go early & often. No need to signal anyone. Just do what you gotta do when you gotta do it.
I thought that was for equalising.... I would not think twice about peeing during a dive regardless of people being behind me. What, is someone gunna be taking the reg out of his/her mouth for a drink of salt water?
I have a piece of proper strength and thickness hose down one leg of my wetsuit and out by my ankle to facilitate quicker exit of the urine. You'll have to do a search to find my other posts on this with the interesting details...
I was a newbie shore diving with my newbie buddy and his 17 year old son. The son thought it was gross when I peed in the water prior to gearing up. I explained the waste products already there from all the aquatic life.
When I was assisting with OW courses I peed in the pool all the time. We were in there maybe 2 hours at a time. I know that's not a good thing, but doesn't matter that the world knows now. If you see me in a motel pool, beware.

I prefer not to use the head while on a day boat so I go to the stern. That is typically where the ladder is located. I do wait until until everyone is on board.

In warm water I wait till everyone is back aboard, then I pull my wetsuit down half way and get back in the water hanging on the ladder. I do mention to someone not to leave me, ya know just in case. In cold water I go when Im too cold, but never on deck or just before surfacing! In So Cal the boats I've been on have more than one bathroom so no excuse to pee on the deck. Geeze people are gross :(:vomit:

When I was assisting with OW courses I peed in the pool all the time. We were in there maybe 2 hours at a time. I know that's not a good thing, but doesn't matter that the world knows now. If you see me in a motel pool, beware.

Master clarinetist and educator, able to distinguish Baroque woodwind concertos one from another based on compositional style, until he hits the water and reverts back to 3rd grade :) .

Weird. I hydrate all the time on the hot Red Sea and I either pee in the head or once I splash. Peeing on deck is just dysfunctional. If you do that on a dive I organize, you don’t get invited back.

This conversation just makes me think of this scene.

LOL! Thanks - I needed that! :wink:

Btw, I still haven't mastered being able to pee in the water so I don't really know why I read three pages of this!!!!!!

I must be an outlier but diving totally kills my urge to pee until I'm back at the resort. Sometimes I even have time for a beer first.

Master clarinetist and educator, able to distinguish Baroque woodwind concertos one from another based on compositional style, until he hits the water and reverts back to 3rd grade :) .
Right. Unless the guy has had a life long bladder problem that is incurable even with medication.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom