Do You Dream About Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kablooey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Over twenty years of diving, and I’ve never had a dream about being underwater.

Have you?

I do, a lot!
They are very nice and relaxing dreams, very different from what I am used to.

Yeah, underwater dreams are like the falling dreams but instead of waking up just before going splat one wakes up just before drowning.

Don't think so, but maybe one or two over years. I recall that some dreams include stuff you do topside like walking around and gearing up.

Almost every night! In fact, I had one last night.

I dive with a huge camera rig. In last night's dream I had this tiny camera and I was taking photos of this weird fish that looked like a regular fish at one end but it had the prehensile tail of a pipefish at the other end. My strobes weren't working and then I realised they weren't even attached. LOL

I also know I dream in colour as I see the colours of the fishes. I have regular liveaboard dreams and dreams set at my regular dive sites.

I never have dreams about being underwater, but I do have dreams about diving in weird ways. For instance like trying to get suited up and desperately trying to get my S together to do a dive which always seems to be delayed somehow. I can’t get my suit on, I forgot one or several pieces of critical gear, something breaks preventing me from getting in, dive buddies are chronically late, someone yells at us and says diving is not allowed (where we are trying dive), someone else has a problem like their tank is empty so I give my tank to them and I don’t get to dive.
Most times the dreams are very frustrating.
Probably a subliminal massage that I’m not getting to dive enough.

Although once I did have a very strange dream that I was diving under a sidewalk in a town when the river came up and hollowed out all the dirt under parts of the town. I thought it was cool that I was diving right under people who were walking on the sidewalk and they had no idea I was right underneath them.

I never have dreams about being underwater, but I do have dreams about diving in weird ways. For instance like trying to get suited up and desperately trying to get my S together to do a dive which always seems to be delayed somehow. I can’t get my suit on, I forgot one or several pieces of critical gear, something breaks preventing me from getting in, dive buddies are chronically late, someone yells at us and says diving is not allowed (where we are trying dive), someone else has a problem like their tank is empty so I give my tank to them and I don’t get to dive.
Most times the dreams are very frustrating.
Probably a subliminal massage that I’m not getting to dive enough.

Although once I did have a very strange dream that I was diving under a sidewalk in a town when the river came up and hollowed out all the dirt under parts of the town. I thought it was cool that I was diving right under people who were walking on the sidewalk and they had no idea I was right underneath them.
I have those same type dreams. Especially about surfing. I look out and it's perfect and nobody out. Then, I can't find my board....or the skeg broke....or I find my board, run down to the beach, paddle out and it's flat. I look down and realize I'm in a swimming pool.
Then I wake up and wonder why my brain messes with me like that...:(:D

I often have dreams I'm diving. Usually, something goes wrong, like my regulator breaks, and I start to panic, then magically I realize I can still breath, even though I'm underwater. Usually at this time I realize it's a dream and wake up.

The other dream I have is I start to ascend and I can't slow my ascent. It's funny I have this dream since my dives are usually shallow, and I've never done any type of decompression diving.

Yes i dream about diving.
I nearly always start to drown and then realize i can breath underwater.

And i do have the same dream, that i dress up, but forgot something,or stuff isnt working.

Its weird, that we all have the same dreams :eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom