Drysuits 2 - Gotta Pee...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Made me smile. Pretty accurate except the infection part that I’ve never experienced or the giving up part. Close trim works well over shaving too.

Made me really LOL. You guys are active in Tokyo? I live in Sapporo.

Made me smile. Pretty accurate except the infection part that I’ve never experienced or the giving up part. Close trim works well over shaving too.
Strangely, after I first shared that story back when it happened (10 years or so ago) I had a few individuals come forward to tell me similar stories of urinary tract infection.

Thanks for the encouraging comment :wink:

Strangely, after I first shared that story back when it happened (10 years or so ago) I had a few individuals come forward to tell me similar stories of urinary tract infection.

Thanks for the encouraging comment :wink:
I’ve heard stories, most often related to unbalanced valves, I’ve also found using the “valve” out of the water to not be enjoyable, has something to to with peeing uphill, sort like up a rope but with backpressure.

Thanks for the feedback. Interesting. My experience that also makes intuitive sense is that anything that compromises/alters cardiovascular circulation will naturally inhibit N2 exchange. I do take your point and will look into this more. OK, a quick search seems to suggest that dehydration is still accepted as a significant risk factor, there does seem to be plenty of support to this concept out there. I will check more into pubmed to look closer though, thanks.
DAN Europe - Hydration
Dehydration and Diving - DIVER magazine.
Dehydration effects on the risk of severe decompression sickness in a swine model - PubMed
Injuries due to Exposure - Dehydration and other concerns

I try to stay as hydrated as possible because when I don’t I get massive cramps in my thighs, that tends to make finning difficult.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom