Do you edit BB code?

• What is BB code?

• Only when "reply" enters for me

• Reply plus formatting on the menus

• I edit BB code frequently

• Other, please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, here is more info for those who are interested: ScubaBoard BB Codes

Oh so that's how that $hit is done! SB should have a users manual.

Have you noticed these menu options?

I see a lot of icons, I have no idea what to do with most of them.

SB should have a users manual.

I've been thinking of working on that, which is part of the reason for this poll. I'd ask what everyone wanted to learn but it's hard to ask about something you don't know exists. I'm not implying I have the answers but I might be able to find them.

I see a lot of icons, I have no idea what to do with most of them.

Do you mean these icons?

upload_2020-9-5_6-26-56.png

I see you already know how to use italics, and probably bold and underline. What others would you like to know about?

Do you mean these icons?

View attachment 609820

I see you already know how to use italics, and probably bold and underline. What others would you like to know about?

Yes!
Most of the others I'd probably use so seldom I'd forget how! I was 2nd out of 20 some students using Excel 20 years ago when I learned it. I haven't used it since and doubt if I could today if I had too. Some knowledge sticks with me other kinds not some much. When I was working for EMC I'd do the same thing every day for 8 hours.
After 3 months out due to medical reasons I went back to work sat down at a PC and drew a complete blank! I spent the rest of the shift "relearning" my job! I need reference material to jog my memory.

No, it didn't. I'll continue just copying and pasting photos.
Not exactly sure what your test was, but my (Android) system is a free app called PhotoCompress. I take any picture or screenshot that I want to upload within the limitations of SB, and if I'd like to have it in my post as a picture rather than just a thumbnail, I use the app to resize it to a size that won't overwhelm the screen for those reading SB on a computer. 250-800 pixels wide, depending upon how much detail I want to retain.

If this doesn't relate to your "test", then just ignore me. :D

I used the code linked above.
[image=200]dl.dropbox.com/s/b72k39i9z1lcjh5/error_403.jpg[/image]

By using the parameter = and a number, the image width will be set the number used as width with automatic height.

NOTE: This code does not actually resize the image, it will only set the display width parameter for hot-linked images.

It gave me a small icon instead. When I copy and paste, Scubaboard automatically resizes each photo to 800 wide.

I used the code linked above.
error_403.jpg

By using the parameter = and a number, the image width will be set the number used as width with automatic height.

Looks like success to me! FYI: this is the code the menu selection inserted for you:
Code:
[image=200]dl.dropbox.com/s/b72k39i9z1lcjh5/error_403.jpg[/image]

Back
Top Bottom