Gear purchases you DON’T regret

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An analogue dive watch, in event that electronics crapped out -- and they have, on occasion, over the years; but not that watch . . .

My Ortlieb Duffle 85L.

Practical, light, Completely waterproof, strong...

I have the feeling that my daretodive bp/wing will join the list but I want to give it a few more dives before giving a definitive judgment.

YES! I bought hers & hers for mom & kid. 10 yrs (maybe 450 separate excursions) later, still no leaks. Weren't expensive either. Delightful to bring dripping wet stuff inside and know my bag won't leak a drop anywhere. Also like that they are yellow: if they go overboard they would be much easier to find.

BioFin Pro fins. I made the mistake of trying to buy less expensive fins and wasted money. My son and I have identical fins because they are so comfortable and easy to kick with. Of course, spring straps only!
I did the same thing...just replaced my first pair of crappy fins with a pair of Jet Fins....which I like even though I know a lot of people don't.

The Haskel mini sport booster. The ability to go into the garage and fill up my own O2 bottles and mix whatever I want for the diluent on the rebreather. Not having to spend 4 hours driving (double round trips) to get my fills. Get some last minute plans and make a fill to match. Refill the rebreather bottles in a parking lot far from home. Toss a towel on top of the booster while it is running and it gets really quiet, nobody notices what you are doing in the parking garage.

Ive generally bought the cheapest quality gear i can from my lds. It all works and has left me with a ton more money for diving. For some of it i would like to upgrade if i had the money, but the following bits of kit as are all i need and even if i was rich i would be hesitant to replace:

My atlantis icon unbalanced regs
Picasso freediving fins
Freedivers 120 carbon speargun
My open cell spearfishing wetsuit
Atlantis kevlar gloves
My old school heavy as steel tanks
Oceacnhunter 90l bag, still waterproof 9 years on

Recently bought a used Scuba Pro MK-2 from the classified listing on this forum. I've used it for several dives over the last few weeks and did a few dives past 100 feet and I can't tell any difference versus supposedly better performing first stages. I've also used one on a pony bottle now for years and (although it doesn't get used much at all) it still works fine, no leaks and the IP is good and it has been taken on many dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom