Truth Aquatics back in business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Joe Underwater, is that boat Truth Aquatics???

Hi Pete,

That looks exactly like Vision. I recognize even some minor details.

If I ran the most dangerous dive charter operation in the entire world I would blame COVID too.

Easy there bud!! This is a public forum and what you wrote could be construed as libel. No one has been charged and no one has been convicted.

I witnessed Glen Fritzler calling his captains in the evenings when I was aboard Vision and Conception. The convo was one-sided for me, but safety seemed to be the message.

The captain "probably" did not follow nav rules and the COI by not setting an anchor/fire watch. Did Glen Fritzler agree to those violations? We don't know!

I found a fire watch and anchor watch when I was aboard Conception and Vision.

And you've been on board any of the Truth Aquatics boats? I have been on them all including the Conception.

I agree with your point Dr. Bill.

Thanks for the pictures and the linked article.

cheers,
m²V2

I've been on dive boats where...
Life jackets, did not exist (no a single one)
Fire extinguisher, none
Radio, none.
Navigation system, its over that way (point a hand in a general direction). No nav lights at all.
Oxygen, Did you bring your own?
Safety briefing, yes I am wearing briefs.

And I went out again the next day, and the day after, and the rest of the week. It was not in the states, it was how the rest of the world lives.

Don't think calling the Truth Aquatics "the most dangerous dive charter in the world" is anywhere close to the truth. Probably the complete opposite of that these days.

Would a roving fire watch have saved the victims? Or lots more loud smoke detectors? Or better, more escape routes? Or battery charging lockers? I haven’t seen the final govt report. How does one protect themselves internationally where there may be none of these safety measures?

Would a roving fire watch have saved the victims? Or lots more loud smoke detectors? Or better, more escape routes? Or battery charging lockers? I haven’t seen the final govt report. How does one protect themselves internationally where there may be none of these safety measures?
Late to the party there buddy, Lets see if someone can drag up a link to the 300 pages of posts for you to review before starting that fire again.

Late to the party there buddy, Lets see if someone can drag up a link to the 300 pages of posts for you to review before starting that fire again.
You couldn’t answer question so you don’t know. Next.

Libel? Libel! Dude. Truth is an absolute defense to libel. In other words, if it's true, it isn't libel, no matter how negative. So do you really think TA wants to sue someone who will simply put up a chart showing the ten most deadly dive boat operations in the world, with numbers of the dead, knowing they'll be at the top of the list, just hoping that TA can then quibble over semantics? That would be nuts. That's sounding like something that would come out of a Montana dive shop.

As to someone saying that Diver X has been on the boats before: so? My brother was on an earlier dive on Conception, and I imagine that his opinion of the safety of that operation is as valuable as anyone's, and it differs from the fanboys.

And as for the argument that it wasn't the boat, because it didn't burn on previous voyages, come on. What's next, saying that Aloha 243 didn't have an issue because many other 737's had flown without their tops coming off? The Conception caught fire. That's the boat. The crew did nothing until it was too late for the passengers. That's the crew. Both were problems.

Finally, Loady, contain your snark. Your questions were addressed, over hundreds of pages.

My neighbours wife moved out, left the car but took the kid and now he tries to start with me

And they're renters

@happy-diver His wife moved out. Took the kid; but left the car. So now he's a free man with wheels. What's he got his knickers in a twist about?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom