Dry Suit Low Pressure Inflator Connector Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pauldw

Contributor
Reaction score
575ff8e6-cdc0-434a-817e-c8b793da4492

Awhile back I was diving in my Deep 6 Makara dry suit (basically an Ursuit), and got some grit in the connector for the inflator, but things seemed to work. More recently in a class my instructor was wondering if the connector was working right, based on its appearance. It seemed to work, but last week at the end of a dive it seemed to be leaking at the connection, but back home in the bathtub it seemed to work. From looking at this picture, can anyone tell me if it looks correct? Specifically, is the outer metal sleeve supposed to come up farther, and cover the bumps? The thing spins in one direction, but not the other, and sounds a little noisy also. Thanks.
Connector.JPG

When you post it on the suit it should come forward to lock, this is the “easy” connect type from the looks in the pic. So doesn’t the sleeve pop forward when you press it on the suit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom