ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2020 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honduras has just recently opened back up to international flights so I'm really surprised Delta has cancelled flights to there, especially this far out. It seems like a rather rash decision.

I agree -- I was really surprised -- maybe Delta knows something we don't

So....I have been doing some checking and evidently Delta is no longer flying to Roatan. Someone in my FB group sent me this link, I thought I would share. (disregard the name -- he was the one who posted the announcement)

Mark Willis

Sounds like a poor decision by Delta to leave people hanging like that, especially not flying them home when they had flown them there. I almost cancelled my American flights and booked with Delta after the SB Invasion was cancelled this past spring since I could have used my Sky Miles to book for practically nothing with Delta at that time. Glad I didn't now.

Thanks for sharing this @urbaneve71.

Are United flying to Roatan?

According to the thread @urbaneve71 linked to, yes. But it would probably be best to check with them directly.

Hi Dizzi,

Cathy and I will probably go summer 2021. We are already booked for Curacao December 2020. Can't go then. Easter 2021 maybe.

Keep us posted if you don't go this summer. We like company.

You can always load-up right now and join us in Key Largo. PM me if this is feasible.

cheers,
m²V2

Hey Mark....my fine rum drinking friend! Matt and I are spending the entire month of Sept 2021 in Roatan. Renting a beautiful flat in Sandy Bay, directly in front of AKR. We have an extra bedroom, so happy to have guests! And could be easily persuaded to come down a week or two earlier to dive with friends.

Hey Mark....my fine rum drinking friend! Matt and I are spending the entire month of Sept 2021 in Roatan. Renting a beautiful flat in Sandy Bay, directly in front of AKR. We have an extra bedroom, so happy to have guests! And could be easily persuaded to come down a week or two earlier to dive with friends.

OMG! Scheduling issues...sheet! Cathy and I would accept right now except I will be working. My school district will be in session. Unless, our ballot measure fails and we lose funding and they sheetcan me! One can only hope!

What dive-op will you use?

I actually like my job. I don't want to quit. I wrote that because the thought did cross my mind!

OMG, crap. Let me consult my Perdix AI, it is all knowing...it can fix this!

cheers,
m

OMG! Scheduling issues...sheet! Cathy and I would accept right now except I will be working. My school district will be in session. Unless, our ballot measure fails and we lose funding and they sheetcan me! One can only hope!

What dive-op will you use?

I actually like my job. I don't want to quit. I wrote that because the thought did cross my mind!

OMG, crap. Let me consult my Perdix AI, it is all knowing...it can fix this!

cheers,
m
Then just send Cathy! :)

After all of our booked trips to Roatan this year kept getting postponed/ cancelled, we are now scheduled to be there for Christmas!! Hope this works out this time!!

If anyone is ever interested in a place to stay, we have a rental available 5 minutes walk to Sundowners, West End.

Back
Top Bottom